Post-Game Talk: GAME 1 - Swampkittens 6 BRUINS 4

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Definitely not going to overreact to one game, but the way they came out at least raises an eyebrow.

Thursday at home should be a layup opportunity to get the train on the tracks.

They come out flat at home in the opener against the Canadiens and that’s something worthy of real concern.

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
Freddy tried to go with Tkachuk- nothing doing. Zadorov tried to go with Bennett- nothing doing. They have no issue fighting Pasta and Lindholm. Two gutless players.

What was 100 times more disgusting was no immediate response to Bennetts running Korpse. I understand that all refs try to stop fights at all costs, but there should have been total mayhem for the remainder of the game which was out of hand at that point.

We now have plenty of guys capable so all fingers should be pointing at Monty. He clearly is ok with somehow still getting bullied despite the new much, much tougher roster.

This and the uninspired play make me want Monty fired today. I just hope they don’t extend him. We need Clode back.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
At the end of the day it is one game out of the season.

Having said that, they came out flat yet again against this team and allowed themselves to get pushed around.

I know he has a ton of success with this group and his regular season success is outstanding. I also know SWAYMAN WON A SERIES against Toronto last year, but I just can’t shake this feeling that Montgomery isn’t the right fit.

I’m probably wrong, wouldn’t be the first time. Just can’t shake it.
FIFY

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
I was ok with the 2nd & 3rd period effort. A lot of new players, I like the snarl. It will be fine folks. Kill the Habs !!!

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
If you’re Florida, why bother engaging the Bruins’ attempts at extracurriculars?

We won the Cup last season and kicked your ass on our way doing so.

And now we kicked your asses again.

Shoe’s on the other foot so to speak.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Biggest team in hockey and their goalie still got run over....and the answer was face washes. There are times you need to blow a gasket and that moment was then or shortly after. Send some messages. If they won't fight, give them no choice. Run some of the better players. A lot of new players here, step up and endear yourself. The score is whatever, bot going to go nuts but the responses to Florida all night? Not the identity I was hoping for.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Terrible performance by pretty much whole team but lets give it sometime before we write them off. One game is not a season makes. If we sre 10-15games in and we still have issues then stsrt to panic

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
out prepped
out worked
out played
out coached

That being said, it's 2-1, Bruins on the PP and Mac allows that type of 1-on-one defense allowing that quality of shot and Korpi allowing the shorty. That was the game.

"They say your Methods, have become . . .unsound
Are my methods . . .unsound?
I don't see any method at all sir."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad