Post-Game Talk: GAME 1 - Swampkittens 6 BRUINS 4

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
It’s not really a knock on him. He has alot of miles of hard hockey on him. Unfortunately he is still the heart of the team and the intensity seems to go as he goes. It’s not fair to ask him to do that but really no one on the rest of the team has the tenacity he has/had. It’s what worries me with this team. I don’t see a leader beyond Marchand stepping up.
Agree. And, Monty can’t fix that. Neither can MARCHY himself. It was/is Sweeney’s job. And he’s failed miserably.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Leafs and Canadians tomorrow night? One thing I enjoy about hating the Leafs so much is that I usually try to watch their games and cheer passionately for the other team even if it is Montreal . It gives me more hockey to watch .

Reactions: Gordoff

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Bennett now has punched the captain in the face and dove into the goaltender's head. The response has been tepid. The team can't let him get away with it anymore. Freddy is targeting the wrong guy - Tkachuk will simply turtle the night away when engaged in scrums and let the refs come play personal bodyguards of his. Go after Bennett and start sending messages his shit has to stop. McAvoy stepped up and almost nailed him with an open ice hit in the 1st that would been glorious if he caught him.
Go after Barkov. See what kind of response *that* elicits.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Goaltending was just OK, however defensively we were awful. Florida could have easily scored 8+ tonight.

Ah well. Burn the tape and move on. We got smoked 7-0 by the Capitals during their their home opener after they won their cup too. If memory serves, we ended up going to the SCF that year.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Carlo has to lead the league in passes to opposing players standing on the boards for the last 4 seasons it's like his only play.

I'm completely over Monty and believe his structure and passive approach towards hockey are a detriment to this team's specific makeup and it's just burning years of the core the longer he's at the helm. They need someone that can light a fire and get them trying.

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Yeah like Carlo.
I mean Carlo, Lindholm, Lohrei, Coyle, Brazeau, Zacha, Beecher, etc. they are nice guys that rarely play mean for their size. You can’t change their personalities to play mean. The best they can do is play a puck possession game. But the system has to fit that style and I don’t think it works at the moment and why they haven’t looked good since preseason

Reactions: BTO

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Carlo has to lead the league in passes to opposing players standing on the boards for the last 4 seasons it's like his only play.

I'm completely over Monty and believe his structure and passive approach towards hockey are a detriment to this team's specific makeup and it's just burning years of the core the longer he's at the helm. They need someone that can light a fire and get them trying.
I noticed that also . I’m all for the limited skill guy banging the puck off the boards hard but Carlo puts it right on the opponent’s tape .

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Interesting how different Marchand is. You think he would be in the middle of a game like tonight, but he was much like Pasta kind of there but mostly invisible

Marchand is 36 now. I'm sorry, but you need to find that sparkplug somewhere else. A few guys tried (Zadorov, Frederic, Kastelic), but also did so with one foot in/out at the same time. Commit. Get your 2 minutes worth if you are going take a penalty.

How do you get back the reputation as a team that takes no shit? You are getting those reputation calls anyway..... Stop taking shit. Just seems like there's been an overall passive attitude that is taking over this team. I don't get it. McAvoy is feisty, Marchand was born with a chip on his shoulder. Pastrnak is willing to get in there and stand up for himself. How do you look yourself in the mirror if you're someone like Morgan Geekie or John Beecher in a game like this? Blows my mind.

Credit to Florida. They forecheck like crazy and their forwards actually get the Bruins D looking over their shoulder and second guessing themselves or making poor decisions.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Why does a different rulebook apply to the panthers? We played like absolute shit and need Poitras and Lysell in but goddamn the difference in what gets called for either team is insane.
It's the 2019 Blues mantra of they can't call you for everything, after consistently committing nonstop penalties for a few seasons now it's just taken as the way the Maurice led panthers play. Sure you may have a year or two as the most penalized team but eventually it just becomes your style in line with the rules or not.

Reactions: BTO and Mione134

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
Why does a different rulebook apply to the panthers? We played like absolute shit and need Poitras and Lysell in but goddamn the difference in what gets called for either team is insane.
This was noticeable in the playoffs the past few years. Florida has been one of the most penalized teams over the past couple years, but it seemed to get tossed aside once the playoffs arrived. Frustrating to watch.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
It's the 2019 Blues mantra of they can't call you for everything, after consistently committing nonstop penalties for a few seasons now it's just taken as the way the Maurice led panthers play. Sure you may have a year or two as the most penalized team but eventually it just becomes your style in line with the rules or not.
Didn’t work for us tho after 2011. After we beat-up Vancouver in the Final the league neutered the Bruins the very next year. Started in the rematch against them when 5 guys on the bench were holding Thornton while he was being used as a punching bag, and we’re the ones that ended-up on the pk as a result. We’ve been marked ever since. We try to fight back we’re the ones penalized. Being going in ever since then.

Don Cherry warned about it years ago. Decades even. You take out fighting you end-up with tkurtles like Tkachuk, whom the league absolutely adores. He’s their non-fighting poster boy 🤮

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad