Post-Game Talk: GAME 1 - Swampkittens 6 BRUINS 4

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Maurice is pretty smart. You always see Bennett and dooshbag on the ice with the 3rd pair D.

Finish checks. Fundamentals!

Leach…..please fix this D system.

Monty needs a system. Not feeling this dude and they want to reup him?

If your going to get penalties for ticky tack stuff, then throw some punches like Marchand did in ‘11. Be the bullies not the p***yes.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Too slow to move to the puck and lost too many board battles in that 1st. I thought it could easily been 6 goals in that 1st period if Korp hadn't made some good saves. All in all, just not enough in all facets of the game against the SC champs.

Things I liked: Hampus Lindholm had a decent game, Frederic shot on his goal, Brazeau play around the net and corners, Korpisalo kepping it from an even bigger blowout

Things I didn't like: no sustained jump in the first, Lohrei's adventures on D, Korpisalo and McAvoy on the SH goal by Reinhart ( momentum swing moment right there ), Jones starting to look like his IQ matches his jersey number

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Possibly both? I didn't like that Monty said last week that he "didn't like" Wotherspoon ripping the helmet off of Othmann at the end of a fight. Who cares? He was angry after taking some hits. Wotherspoon has that 2011 Bruins mentality of turning loose at the right time. No one should be stifling that.
i heard monty's wife wanted to go back to st. louis, apparently it was a done deal if bruins lost to toronto in round 1.
right about now i'd like to trade coaches with that shitbag leafs team.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Possibly both? I didn't like that Monty said last week that he "didn't like" Wotherspoon ripping the helmet off of Othmann at the end of a fight. Who cares? He was angry after taking some hits. Wotherspoon has that 2011 Bruins mentality of turning loose at the right time. No one should be stifling that.

Montgomery said that!?!!! He is Cassidy all over then.

Hire Claude and Savard immediately.

Reactions: Gordoff and BTO

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Not so much annoyed about the loss as I am with this “I hope Sam Bennett didn’t hurt himself running our goalie” mindset from this team. They’re just too nice.

Initially live I thought Lohrei went in and speared Bennett with the stick. I thought, excessive but well done!

Turns out on replay a stick tap and gentle concern were his response.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Not so much annoyed about the loss as I am with this “I hope Sam Bennett didn’t hurt himself running our goalie” mindset from this team. They’re just too nice.
Until Carlo is off this D we will be terrorized by any team that forechecks, He must have has 10 turnovers when the pressure was on, I have never seen a player as big as him be so none contact.

Add #6 to that pairing? Opposing teams are fighting to get on the ice to platy against that pair.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
At the end of the day it is one game out of the season.

Having said that, they came out flat yet again against this team and allowed themselves to get pushed around.

I know he has a ton of success with this group and his regular season success is outstanding. I also know he won a series against Toronto last year, but I just can’t shake this feeling that Montgomery isn’t the right fit.

I’m probably wrong, wouldn’t be the first time. Just can’t shake it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad