Post-Game Talk: GAME 1 - Swampkittens 6 BRUINS 4

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Marchand gets a pass from me tonight . He only played one preseason game and his wind and legs looked real bad tonight . Give him two weeks.
True but crap stirring is what gets him involved in a game. Pissed of Marchand on the edge may cut both ways but he at least cuts.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
And people think that the Bruins will have trouble scoring goals this year, we just put 4 past the mighty Bob, just kidding.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I agree I don’t think they have the mentality to play like this. It’s not most of these guys personalities. You see a lot of half hearted I need to do something but really don’t want to
Yes, but then why go big? If they’re not going to be physical what was the point? Just so they can *suffer* abuse better?

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Sometimes I think some of these guys are too worried about pissing off a summer training pal or a guy they share an agent with. Asshats like Tkachuk and Bennett wouldn't care if it was their grandma with a walker in the opposing crease. They'd mow them down for a laugh and a moment on the jumbotron doing a mouthpiece dangle. That mentality is working wonders for the former laughing stock club. They have 9 new players in the lineup tonight and they picked up right where they left off.

I like the new Marchand. But I LOVE the old Marchand. Maybe he's saving it for the paying crowd on causeway next week or he's just still really hurting, but even with him all grown up in the suburbs, I still expect him to pay Bennett back somehow.

I suppose it's only one game.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I'm starting to think Brick is a shill for the organization. Makes sense since he basically works for them.
Gone are the days of objective analysis. Saying they'd rather take the penalty on the goalie hit, than retaliate. Hello, it was 6-2 in third with 11 minutes to go.
Brickley played on one of the toughest AHL teams in history, the 82-83 Maine Mariners. He had 10 pims. He is not exactly a proponent of tough hockey

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
Took them a period to wake up. I was surprised Marchand played, given he barely skated over the summer. I figured he was out until Thanksgiving, so he gets a pass.

Korpisalo let in a few that I would call soft. The SHG was unforgiveable.

I still feel like they never really gelled over the preseason. I'm guessing it will take a while before they hit their stride.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Bennett now has punched the captain in the face and dove into the goaltender's head. The response has been tepid. The team can't let him get away with it anymore. Freddy is targeting the wrong guy - Tkachuk will simply turtle the night away when engaged in scrums and let the refs come play personal bodyguards of his. Go after Bennett and start sending messages his shit has to stop. McAvoy stepped up and almost nailed him with an open ice hit in the 1st that would been glorious if he caught him.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Well, he is 36 hockey years old after all. That’s like 86 in normal human years
It’s not really a knock on him. He has alot of miles of hard hockey on him. Unfortunately he is still the heart of the team and the intensity seems to go as he goes. It’s not fair to ask him to do that but really no one on the rest of the team has the tenacity he has/had. It’s what worries me with this team. I don’t see a leader beyond Marchand stepping up.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
@trenton1

should've just started pounding bennett at that point, it's 6-2, game is over. they already owed him for
suckering our captain in the playoffs. it's embarrassing. do you think it's the coach, the players,
or both?
Montgomery. He did not have them prepared mentally or physically for this game. It was a travesty.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
It’s not really a knock on him. He has alot of miles of hard hockey on him. Unfortunately he is still the heart of the team and the intensity seems to go as he goes. It’s not fair to ask him to do that but really no one on the rest of the team has the tenacity he has/had. It’s what worries me with this team. I don’t see a leader beyond Marchand stepping up.
He won’t be able to bring that intensity every night anymore due to his age in my opinion. We saw it last year in the playoffs. Some nights he can still carry the team on his back but don’t expect it every game.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
He won’t be able to bring that intensity every night anymore due to his age in my opinion. We saw it last year in the playoffs. Some nights he can still carry the team on his back but don’t expect it every game.
Yeah and that’s fine, that’s where others need to help. They don’t pick up the slack in that area and that is worrisome. Could be no one wants to take the reins yet and players are still figuring each other out. At least that’s what I hope. Cant rely on a 36yr old to continually lift your team.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad