Post-Game Talk: GAME 1 - Swampkittens 6 BRUINS 4

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Maurice is pretty smart. You always see Bennett and dooshbag on the ice with the 3rd pair D.

Finish checks. Fundamentals!

Leach…..please fix this D system.

Monty needs a system. Not feeling this dude and they want to reup him?

If your going to get penalties for ticky tack stuff, then throw some punches like Marchand did in ‘11. Be the bullies not the p***yes.
This post made me think of movie Sea Biscuit when they were yelling Turn him loose :laugh:

Reactions: Gordoff

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
They're still a reactionary team, not initiating it like they should be
It’s infuriating. Tkachuk literally gave them (and everyone else) the recipe: play the first 10 minutes like there’s no puck and hit everything in sight. And finish all your checks, *all* your checks, every check, every single f***ing time. I mean, finishing your checks has been the recipe since *forever*. But no, let’s re-invent the f***ing wheel. Maddening.

DoubleBack

Apr 29, 2024
You people who think this team would be great “if only we had a better coach” amaze me
Yes, it's 0 or 100. They would maybe stop being pushed around, which means better. There has been a lot of player turn over and they still play soft. What do you think is the common denominator, the salt on the chips on the plane?

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Well that was disappointing on many levels. No excuse for a veteran team to come out that flat against a team that they know so well too. That's all on the coach.

I thought we were supposed to have gotten big and tough? Mean even. For the most part we just looked slow and stupid.

Florida, game 1, and they are already in their heads. How many times do you do the same thing and what, expect a different result? You DO NOT engage with Tkachuk, you DO NOT chase him around and push and shove. He will goad you and get the better of you every time and the refs will call it as if he's an innocent victim. THEY KNOW THIS. Either punch him in the head or skate away and ignore him.
Meanwhile Bennett gets to intentionally run over our goalie and gets a little 2 minutes for that. Nothing happens to him. Now imagine if that was Swayman in there and he concussed him and he missed the next 20 games, then what? Oh I know, we will get them next time.

This team will not and cannot get past Florida if they even make the playoffs. Next to no chance at all.
I don't know what he was like in Anaheim but really not impressed with Jones. Dumb penalties, dumb plays, zero impact. Why did we sign him? He was garbage.

Freddy was decent but man, as a team they stunk tonight.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I’ll harp on it, but when a team does not want to fight, you can’t coax them to go. They will just turtle and goad you into penalties. You get them by soft dumps and blasting their players. Lucic was a master at doing this. He forced the other team to engage him. How many times we watch the 2011 team lose a game but absolutely blitz players in the last 10mins of a game. They knew that asking to fight will not work, you drag them into it by thumping them.

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Other than the first for the Panthers, which they expectedly came out hard on Banner night at home, and looked great, both teams looked like shit.

Not seeing how Florida likes how they played beyond the 1st.

Lots of good bounce goals this game.

People wanted blood, but it just wasn't there for both teams to me.

As always, things will pick up as the season moves along. The 1st game is always good to get out of the way, win or lose.

After this game though, backup should generally get the easier games. Expecting Kop won't see Florida again.

And one big positive was the PK.

Alright, bring on the Habs.

Reactions: JAD

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Yes, it's 0 or 100. They would maybe stop being pushed around, which means better. There has been a lot of player turn over and they still play soft. What do you think is the common denominator, the salt on the chips on the plane?
The turnover has involved swapping out one batch of mediocre players for another.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Monty gets an F for not having this team ready to play, unacceptable considering the opposition. This turn the other cheek attitude is not going to cut it, with all of this team size if it's not going to be used I think Monty's tenure in Boston is in trouble as Sweeney went big for a reason.
Did Sweeney not say he was talking to Montys rep about extension?

• Wow
Reactions: Gordoff

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I’ll harp on it, but when a team does not want to fight, you can’t coax them to go. They will just turtle and goad you into penalties. You get them by soft dumps and blasting their players. Lucic was a master at doing this. He forced the other team to engage him. How many times we watch the 2011 team lose a game but absolutely blitz players in the last 10mins of a game. They knew that asking to fight will not work, you drag them into it by thumping them.

Kastelic was the ONLY Bruin trying this however Florida defenseman allowed him to reach the puck, bailing on the hits. He will be a good Bruin. One of the very rare positives tonight.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Well that was disappointing on many levels. No excuse for a veteran team to come out that flat against a team that they know so well too. That's all on the coach.

I thought we were supposed to have gotten big and tough? Mean even. For the most part we just looked slow and stupid.

Florida, game 1, and they are already in their heads. How many times do you do the same thing and what, expect a different result? You DO NOT engage with Tkachuk, you DO NOT chase him around and push and shove. He will goad you and get the better of you every time and the refs will call it as if he's an innocent victim. THEY KNOW THIS. Either punch him in the head or skate away and ignore him.
Meanwhile Bennett gets to intentionally run over our goalie and gets a little 2 minutes for that. Nothing happens to him. Now imagine if that was Swayman in there and he concussed him and he missed the next 20 games, then what? Oh I know, we will get them next time.

This team will not and cannot get past Florida if they even make the playoffs. Next to no chance at all.
I don't know what he was like in Anaheim but really not impressed with Jones. Dumb penalties, dumb plays, zero impact. Why did we sign him? He was garbage.

Freddy was decent but man, as a team they stunk tonight.
Yup. But we have the entire season to turn it around and find our identity. And it might take the entire season too.

And yup, don’t go after Tkachuk. Go after Barkov (and I like Barkov) and Bob. Force them to come after *you*. Let Zadorov run Bob with Bennett or Tkachuk on the ice. Then see. But Boston has to be willing first.

Yup. But which team doesn’t want t to fight? Florida or Boston. Go after Barkov or Bob, then see what happens. But which team doesn’t want to fight? Florida or Boston?

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Yup. But we have the entire season to turn it around and find our identity. And it might take the entire season too.

And yup, don’t go after Tkachuk. Go after Barkov (and I like Barkov) and Bob. Force them to come after *you*. Let Zadorov run Bob with Bennett or Tkachuk on the ice. Then see. But Boston has to be willing first.

Yup. But which team doesn’t want t to fight? Florida or Boston. Go after Barkov or Bob, then see what happens. But which team doesn’t want to fight? Florida or Boston?
I agree I don’t think they have the mentality to play like this. It’s not most of these guys personalities. You see a lot of half hearted I need to do something but really don’t want to

Reactions: BTO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad