GDT: Game 1: Sharks vs. Blues 7:30pm ESPN+/Hulu. It begins!

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
Everyone needs to stop complaining about Celebrini sitting the last 3 minutes. Imagine how the narrative would be if Celebrini was out there for the tying goal. It was his debut he had a great game to that point. Let the vets that were brought in to insulate Celebrini do their job and insulate him.

Also the same people complaining don’t realize it was the infamous “Lund” line that was out there at the end in place of Celebrini. The same line the majority of the board wanted to be the top line.

It’s sucks they lost but Celebrini was the best player on the ice in his first ever NHL game. That is all that matters.

Reactions: karltonian

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Everyone needs to stop complaining about Celebrini sitting the last 3 minutes. Imagine how the narrative would be if Celebrini was out there for the tying goal. It was his debut he had a great game to that point. Let the vets that were brought in to insulate Celebrini do their job and insulate him.

Also the same people complaining don’t realize it was the infamous “Lund” line that was out there at the end in place of Celebrini. The same line the majority of the board wanted to be the top line.

It’s sucks they lost but Celebrini was the best player on the ice in his first ever NHL game. That is all that matters.
I mean, to be fair, he blew a tire on the first Blues goal and he got beat by Schenn on the winner.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Celebrini is really fun to watch on the PP his puck movement and decision making is so good. Can’t remember the last player who was like him(even Thornton held it for too long at times)Iinstead of getting the puck and holding it forever only to turn it over, he already knows where it should go before he touches it.

Reactions: Sandisfan

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
If you guys haven't seen it, NHL's gamecenter has goal simulations that are 2d abstractions of each goal scored and it's pretty neat watching the Macklin points on there.

Reactions: mogambomoroo

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
I asked Danil about his height. He said he is 176 cm (for about 5`9 1/3).
It doesn't change much, just to be precise.
I was looking him up recently and one site had him at 5'10"! Now that I knew was an exaggeration.
Ceci was okay, but Ferraro, Rutta, and especially Benning were terrible.
Rutta at least rebounded after an atrocious first to--if not play well--at least put in the kind of effort you'd like to see. But having him paired with Ferraro feels especially risky (though maybe you could say that about Ferraro with any of our RD) because Mario is still too frequently trying to do too much, getting himself in trouble and out of position, and it's inevitably going to keep costing us.

I wonder if, on a team with a strong overall team and structured system, if he could be decent and keep all his worst instincts in check. But he really needs to change; he may be a good skater but that fact seems to not matter enough when he's out of position. The game just happens too fast.

Benning at least I have some sympathy for, as he's coming off his hip surgery, but I really hope he gets some pace back because he is not the kind of player who can handle having that part of his game go downhill. It helped make life very difficult for Henry Thrun last night. According to Sheng on the podcast, Thrun has been working on playing his off side, so maybe there's hope that he could move to the right and Mukh could get in there on the left. It would be such an improvement.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $201.00