GDT: #1 | Flyers at Canucks | Friday, October 11, 2024 | 10:00 PM Torture Time | NBCSP

volnoir

Nov 13, 2015
Drysdale looked fine. Played really well the first couple periods but kind of lost a bit of steam. He could definitely take notes from Quinn Hughes on how to play to your strengths when you aren't a big dman but can skate.

Frost has taken his game to another level and is clearly our 1C. Best player on the ice for Flyers tonight.

Forester looks great.

Ersson was fantastic.

Brink is so good on the PP with space, but god damn is it scary when he is caught down low.

Luchenko sure loves those blind passes, but overall looked good. Made some nice plays on the PP.

Poor Farabee could have had a hattrick tonight had he been able to hit the net. Maybe he was at the Roxy a little late last night.

Michkov looked like he was gripping the stick a bit tight tonight. Showed his skill though. I really think he should be on the RW though.

Zamula looks more confident this year.

York was strong on the puck all night.

This is probably one of the most fun Flyers teams to watch in a long long time.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Well. It looked like a first game of the season. Lots of disjointedness.

I thought the only way Luchanko looked fine was passing on the rush, and using his speed to stretch defenders on the rush. Mostly deficient at all else.

Foerster is going to score 45 goals this year. Book it.

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
I know it's one game, but Couturier looks like a shell of his old self. Horrendous tonight.

Laughton needs to go. Zamula was a turnover machine. Risto looked Ok.

Michkov looked bad for the first 2 periods tonight. It was always a mistake to put him @LW. Put him at RW for the third and lo and behold, looked somewhat better. He was overwhelmed tonite and looked jittery.

Ersson easily player of the game.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I know it's one game, but Couturier looks like a shell of his old self. Horrendous tonight.

Laughton needs to go. Zamula was a turnover machine. Risto looked Ok.

Michkov looked bad for the first 2 periods tonight. It was always a mistake to put him @LW. Put him at RW for the third and lo and behold, looked somewhat better. He was overwhelmed tonite and looked jittery.

Ersson easily player of the game.

I'm restraining my unrestrained Couturier panic for now given that he was evidently a late decision. Missing skates and such.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
1728713358569.png

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hell of a win. They got outplayed out of the gate (10 days since they last played?) but gradually worked their way into the game. Missed some prime scoring opportunities (Farabee will not sleep tonight).

Michkov, definitely adjusting to NHL speed, looked a half step behind in the 1st period, a half step ahead in the 3rd period. He's going to try a "Michigan" and Torts will just laugh, he's that skilled.

TK, had a couple nice plays but also some head up your ass plays.

Tippett, typical bull in a china shop approach, but it's effective

Foerster, he's just so smart, a little slow on the skates but fast seeing the ice. Just makes plays.

Frost, typical game, which is the problem, still waiting for him to play like a top 6 forward on a regular basis. Flashes at times and flounders at times.

Farabee, this game is going to haunt him, missed too many setups, on the other hand, was in position for a hat trick.

Brink, really bad game other than the great pass to Farabee on the PP, just before, forced two ill advised passes and was piss poor at ES.

Couts, this was ugly. Hopefully he was dinged, otherwise this is worse than the second half of last year where he still had good metrics but couldn't score.

Luchanko, you can see why they kept him. Yes, rookie mistakes like letting Bleuger behind him for a goal, but a lot of good defensive plays and some nice offensive flashes. Overall, I'd say he had as good a game as Frost, but he just turned 18. Can he keep it up? Stayed tuned. But Luchanko - Michkov together could give any male Flyer fan a woodie.

Hathaway, typical hit everything that moves and grab the puck. He is what he is.

Poehling, the first goal wasn't on Risto, perfect pass right on Poehling's blade, he has to take the puck and breakout of the D-zone, instead he fails to control it. Otherwise a pretty solid game.

Laughton had a solid game, he's just better at LW where he doesn't have defensive responsibilities.

York, Torts was pushing him to be more aggressive and he got the memo, not just the goal but another opportunity for a good scoring chance. We'll see how it goes, but if he can take it up another tier from last season he'll be a true 1st pair guy.

Sanheim, pretty much the same guy from last season.

Drysdale, he's healthy and it shows, still a work in progress but you can see the upside. But a long way to go.

Johnson, he was out of place at LHD, he's filling in until Andrae arrives.

Risto, a solid performance, people here like to dump on him but he's become a solid D-man and looked more aggressive than last season before he was hurt.

Zamula played decently overall, but almost lost the game with 30 seconds left with a brain fart pass. Was solid on the PP2.

Ersson, picking up where he left off before he got run into the ground the second half. Limit him to 50 starts and he can be a top ten goalie. Not sure he has the stamina for 60.

STs: They definitely have the PP humming, one goal and they could have had three. And the PK was also firing on all cylinders.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Just finished. My god send Jett back , worst Flyer skater easily.

Send him down tonight and get Cates into the lineup.

Tk Frost MM is gonna be so much fun.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Always tough to have a week off and then got to play a team in the season opener that has already played a game. It took time to shake of the rust.
I think they know what they have in Ersson - as long as he keeps up playing like a bonafide NHL starter, they will be in the playoff hunt.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Weird everyone wants Jett to go back, he really looked like he belonged and made some slick plays all game. I don't think Philly is sending him back, I guess we'll see if that's good or bad. I think the biggest context most posters are missing is we just played probably a top 6 team in the NHL, a stanley cup contender, won but I mean win or lose remained competitive throughout the game. If Luchanko has a 2-3 point game against a dog shit team like Calgary tommorow, will ya'll be singing the same tune? Give the kid 9 games, wait and see. Michkov didn't record a point, probably should have had 1 maybe 2, lets trade him now, f***ing relax.

ugiswrong

Dec 8, 2005
deutschland
Weird everyone wants Jett to go back, he really looked like he belonged and made some slick plays all game. I don't think Philly is sending him back, I guess we'll see if that's good or bad. I think the biggest context most posters are missing is we just played probably a top 6 team in the NHL, a stanley cup contender, won but I mean win or lose remained competitive throughout the game. If Luchanko has a 2-3 point game against a dog shit team like Calgary tommorow, will ya'll be singing the same tune? Give the kid 9 games, wait and see. Michkov didn't record a point, probably should have had 1 maybe 2, lets trade him now, f***ing relax.

Main concern for me with Luchanko is that someone is going to annihilate him - too much head injury ptsd

Ers won his matchups vs the van shooters

If Demko were in I think we lose the SO

Reactions: Curufinwe

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Main concern for me with Luchanko is that someone is going to annihilate him - too much head injury ptsd

Ers won his matchups vs the van shooters

If Demko were in I think we lose the SO

He did get blasted once, def a concern. I think he'll figure it out, I mean who knows look at Patrick, I say roll the dice, loved what I saw from him today, he belongs.

Reactions: ugiswrong

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Ah shit don‘t miss that West Coast Games, 4 a.m here in Europe and don‘t drink Coffee o_O
watch it the next day. I have experience from 20 years watching american sports after midnight and going the work 3 hours later. Its not worth it. Look it the other day without comercial breaks and so on. You can save life enery and life time!

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
Flyers have exciting youth and don't have to fear shootouts like plague!? What universe is this!?

@CanadianFlyer88 , yeah, I did not torture myself w watching this. Not that much about Šilovs, but am bit ill (have been off ever since Prague). There's Flyers matinee in 2 weeks, will save my excitement for that [: Life is hard as European NHL fan over 30 :D

From what I understand, Michkov had flashes of brilliance but in general seemed rather nervous? If this counts as his ''down day'' we'll all take it :D

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
He did get blasted once, def a concern. I think he'll figure it out, I mean who knows look at Patrick, I say roll the dice, loved what I saw from him today, he belongs.

Boucher made it sound like that because that's how it looked when it happened. When they showed the replay he was basically falling and avoided most of the hit from Soucy.

The scarier play was when he went down by the boards in the first period and nearly slammed face first into the boards before managing to slow himself and lessen the impact.

On the plus side, other than losing his check on one of the goals he fit in well: the second PP was more than I expected.

And not sure if it was meant to be that way or the team was in the middle of a line change but with five minutes left in a 2-2 game both he and Michkov were on the ice together and nearly created the go-ahead goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad