GDT: Game 1: Sharks vs. Blues 7:30pm ESPN+/Hulu. It begins!

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
The Good:
Celebrini was as good as advertised
Wallman was a beast out there
Kunin and Goodrow and Storm really stuck out

The Bad:
Blackwood absolutely collapsed
The defense outside of Wallman
Granlund

The Meh
Will Smith... nothing bad or good. Just seemed like he was soaking it all in and it was a lot to take.
Agreed on basically all of this. Eklund looked really good. I liked Toffoli too. That 70s Line should be a good one.

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
It was frustrating loss because of the comeback, but if you put the game into little pieces and bits it was okay.

First game for Celebrini (2 points), Smith and Warsofsky (as a Head Coach)
They played against a veteran team with a very solid defence.
Blackwood kept it close in the crucial times at the beginning.
Top 6 and Bottom 6 ratio was solid imo.
Defence is still bad, but that was obvious. We needed more help this summer, but it was probably not in our hands.

Anaheim matchup could be another tight one, but a lot more winnable.

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
I would like to give it to Blackwood that was the reason it was not uglier. Even though the 3rd and OT was uglier, he still made those important saves to not lose the room early on. Good job to get that 1 point.
He wasn't great, but he sure got left out to dry by the defense which is just terrible in all aspects of the game other than Walman. Mukh, please get healthy and up here ASAP.

I beg to differ...they are young and some aren't quite ready yet but in a year,two or three look out...
I'm talking about this year, not three years from now.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
He wasn't great, but he sure got left out to dry by the defense which is just terrible in all aspects of the game other than Walman. Mukh, please get healthy and up here ASAP.

I'm talking about this year, not three years from now.
It was the best of wood, it was the worst of wood.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
It was frustrating loss because of the comeback, but if you put the game into little pieces and bits it was okay.

First game for Celebrini (2 points), Smith and Warsofsky (as a Head Coach)
They played against a veteran team with a very solid defence.
Blackwood kept it close in the crucial times at the beginning.
Top 6 and Bottom 6 ratio was solid imo.
Defence is still bad, but that was obvious. We needed more help this summer, but it was probably not in our hands.

Anaheim matchup could be another tight one, but a lot more winnable.
Also 0-3 against Sharks last season and missed playoffs by 6 points. So some revenge.

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
Why the f*** are we trying to close out a game with Luke Kunin.

If we are going to lose, at least go down swinging.

I’ve seen enough of Kunin and Benning to last a lifetime. No more please.

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
Why the f*** are we trying to close out a game with Luke Kunin.

If we are going to lose, at least go down swinging.

I’ve seen enough of Kunin and Benning to last a lifetime. No more please.
I thought Kunin had a pretty good game. Realistically, the team played how I'd expect from the personnel. If your best defensemen are Cody Ceci and Jake Walman, you're gonna have a bad time. The bottom 6 played how you want them to, and the kids were fun to watch. Looking forward to the next 81!

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
All I want to know is when are the Sharks bringing up Askarov,Mukhamadullin,Bystedt, Musty and the other youngsters...Sharks fans should be optimistic they have the best young talent of any organization...
Askarov and Muk will get called up this season I could see Muk being the 3/4 probably a quarter into the season. As for musty and bystedt you won’t see them until garbage time at seasons end

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
As we all predicted, the defense is a real problem.
Good thing they're all on short term contracts and can easily be turned over within 1-2 seasons.

Arizona/Utah went from having 0 signed defensemen to acquiring Sergachev, Marino and Cole while re-signing Durzi and Valimaki.

When it's time to level up, we can do something similar as long as we continue accumulating assets. We're still a long way from that stage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad