GDT: Game 1: Sharks vs. Blues 7:30pm ESPN+/Hulu. It begins!

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I mentioned after the second Blackwood looked good but could collapse at any moment and he did.
D is still bad.

Oh and Warsofsky needs to learn you can't 'trust' players who failed last year. Don't bench the young players to protect them or the lead. You aren't going to hold the game giving more ice time to Kunin & co.
Seriously. I wanted to see Celebrini out there defending the one goal lead late. Let him win the game.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
i appreciate that smith is analyzing the game and coming up with the right play most times. more reps will help him commit faster.
It'll come, but right now he's a quarter step behind in processing and that makes a difference. Things will no doubt change as he gets more experience.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
The Good:
Celebrini was as good as advertised
Wallman was a beast out there
Kunin and Goodrow and Storm really stuck out

The Bad:
Blackwood absolutely collapsed
The defense outside of Wallman
Granlund

The Meh
Will Smith... nothing bad or good. Just seemed like he was soaking it all in and it was a lot to take.
Yeah the second and 3rd goals were brutal the 2nd one in particular when Blackwood followed the players body and not the puck was particularly annoying

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
I would like to give it to Blackwood that was the reason it was not uglier. Even though the 3rd and OT was uglier, he still made those important saves to not lose the room early on. Good job to get that 1 point.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Hodge

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
I'd say you guys are at the stage where you wanna be anywhere from 20-25 in the league standings probably not gonna happen but I wouldn't be surprised especially with Smith and Celebrini progressing throughout the year.
We're gonna be at the bottom of the league again. We don't have a lot of talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad