GDT: Game 1: Sharks vs. Blues 7:30pm ESPN+/Hulu. It begins!

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Sharks have been a little sloppy in the defensive zone. Bad positioning, puck-chasing, etc. Blues haven't managed to make them pay...
i think they're still sorting out coverage. looks like there's supposed to be a lot of pressure on the puck carrier but lots of double coverage right now

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Bring back the Buffalo Blue Kettle Chips!

Not had those. I'm eating a Canadian brand in two different flavors (the best two flavors of the assortment of oddball flavors they offer. You can't see the brand because I have the bags clipped up, but it's called Miss Vickie's)

Chips.jpg

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
Let's finish this one strong and go on from there, I feel like it's gonna be a pretty neutral season with dozen of rough matches. This group looks sooo different, that they will surprise some nights. I think the mission this season is to get more points than last year and look like an NHL team out there. So far through 2 periods they've looked respectable.

Reactions: Sandisfan

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Not had those. I'm eating a Canadian brand in two different flavors (the best two flavors of the assortment of oddball flavors they offer. You can't see the brand because I have the bags clipped up, but it's called Miss Vickie's)

View attachment 915090
Those spicy dill are delicious. I'm a jalapeño guy 1st, but dill are 2nd.

EDIT: Didn't realize those were a Canadian brand! I'm Canadian, so I just knew immediately lol.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Really like the system and structure of our PP. I still have nightmares from the Spott days. Also, I can see why Ranger fans disliked Wennberg so much. Glad he’s only on a two year deal.

• Love
Reactions: ChompChomp

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Those spicy dill are delicious. I'm a jalapeño guy 1st, but dill are 2nd.

Most regular (non-spicy) dill pickle chips are basically just dill and vinegar. These actually taste nice and pickley. Sadly they can't carry this over to their treatment of the other Canadian flavor. Spicy ketchup are boring. Not terribly ketchupy at all.

Honey Dijon are #1 for me though. I can't explain what it is about the flavor, but I love it.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Sharks getting some insane puck luck tonight, but the vibes are immense.

Thought the Granlund, Smith, and Zetterlund line looked much better in the second after a struggle in the first.
That 70s line is just disgusting - I'll struggle to keep my pants on.
Blackwood has been insane - but could collapse at any second he has looked that loose.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Most regular (non-spicy) dill pickle chips are basically just dill and vinegar. These actually taste nice and pickley. Sadly they can't carry this over to their treatment of the other Canadian flavor. Spicy ketchup are boring. Not terribly ketchupy at all.

Honey Dijon are #1 for me though. I can't explain what it is about the flavor, but I love it.
Salt and Vinegar round out my top 3 for Miss Vickies. Don't think I've tried Honey Dijon.

To me, it's the best chip brand around!

How did you become a Sharks fan? I'm from Victoria btw!

Looks like Smith is on the wing now and is playing much better and with more confidence
I haven't noticed him a ton, but that's alright. It's been a great game so far.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I feel like Storm has probably been Grier's best FA acquisition. Dude is money on face-offs.
He's faster than I remembered... I've watched him on and off for years, but maybe just forgotten.

I am perfectly fine if Celebrini never fights. Leave that to Gio Smith.
Just one Gordie Howe Hat Trick to start his career, then never again. :laugh:

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
He's faster than I remembered... I've watched him on and off for years, but maybe just forgotten.

Just one Gordie Howe Hat Trick to start his career, then never again. :laugh:
I remember how distraught he was and his post game locker room interviews. He was a leader during the tough times and I don't think he gets enough credit.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I remember how distraught he was and his post game locker room interviews. He was a leader during the tough times and I don't think he gets enough credit.
I actually lost a lot of interest last year, so maybe that's part of it. Also want to forget last year. Either way, I'm liking a lot tonight. Obviously a flawed team, but a fun one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad