Pre-Game Talk: Game 1: Red Wings vs penguins 8:00 pm et 10/10/24

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Do you believe Berggren is a better player than any of Raymond, Kane, DeBrincat, or Tarasenko?
Potentially. But we'll never know.

I don't believe that Kane or Tarasenko in our top 6 this year is going to do anything with regards to us eventually becoming a team good enough to compete in the playoffs. They'll sell a few tickets and sweaters in the short term, but they don't push us into contention this season and they won't be here when we are in contention. If you swap either of them with Berggren's spot on the 4th line, there would be a much smaller difference in effectiveness than most people would expect. My preference is to play the guy that might actually be here when it matters.

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
Agreeing with someone means you’re the same person? Does this mean all the optimists on here are just one deluded guy?
I mean, it’s kinda weird to use near identical wording to express a shared opinion.

Anyways, do YOU have the statistics to show that this is
A: True?
B: A bad idea?

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
My issue with that 4th line is that it has zero identity.

Berg-Veleno-Ras
Motte-Copp-Fisher

At least that sort of makes sense. You have a shutdown line and maybe one with a little more offensive potential. Would prefer Kasper centering that line, but as he's not there, I could live with this. Depending on if we need D or Offensive the ensuing line plays more.

Our current 4th line very much screams spare parts.

With that said I'm expecting a total jumble within 10 games as I don't see this current forward lineup working well overall unless the DBC-Larkin-Raymond line starts scoring at a crazy pace. Tank doesn't have a great history at LW and that 2nd line only works if he and Kane click.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I mean, it’s kinda weird to use near identical wording to express a shared opinion.

Anyways, do YOU have the statistics to show that this is
A: True?
B: A bad idea?
I apologize for having similar wording to another poster.

You can find rookie games played stats freely available on Statmuse.
A - the only rookie who had any games with the wings last year was Edvinsson with 16. This was among the lowest in the entire league as far as I’m aware.
The only other teams close (panthers with around 10-11, Winnipeg, avalanche , hurricanes) were all contenders.

Look at the teams around us:
Buffalo - 100+
Tampa - around 50 between a bunch of lower end guys
Blues - about 100
Minnesota - 100+
Washington - 100+
List goes on

We finished just as shit as all these teams. Can you explain to me why it’s better to lose with old vets who have no chance of improving and no future with the club versus losing the same with kids who can actually have a chance of developing into something greater ?

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
We are probably going to get their rookie backup goalie tomorrow in Blomqvist.

Which, based on our history against backup rookie tenders making their first start, I am extremely nervous for tomorrow now.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Am I the only one actually looking forward to the game tomorrow? :)
I'm chomping at the bit. Doing a trial run on the big display panels in the office. Got half of an 8' Jupiter display showing the Oilers get smacked by the Jets (had to keep actual work stuff up there too...).

Reactions: Realgud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad