Pre-Game Talk: Game 1 Preseason Habs vs. Philadelphia (Monday Sept. 23 – 7PM ET) RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Dvorak and Evans emotive feeling right now :

panicdvorak.gif

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I really like how we look more active on the forecheck
I liked how we didn't get hemmed in even more. :D

Dach and Laine already starting to look comfortable makes me real hopeful for what comes next. These two could be really big for us.
Got up and down the rink with no groin or hamstring issues it's a good evening of work. :nod:

Reactions: Runner77

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Dvorak should feel like that, Evans is safer I think. He can play 4C and Beck will need a season in the AHL. you also dont want to go with 2 rookie C at the same time...
Evans moves his feet more. I like him more that Dvo to be honest. Evans brings more to the table but Habs can improve and have better, next year with Beck. Let's see next game with Beck in the line-up and watch that game.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
They would lose a player each time and Hughes may be able to use draft pick(s) to get a team to claim a good player but one that is surplus to requirements.
Yea I hope Hughes will be able to work some magic because 7-3-1 or 4-4-1 means either 2 of the young Ds will be gone at some point or they lose one D and one of the top 6 stud

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
What a cool game. Can't say anything too bad about anyone.

Xhekaj was really physical. God I'm glad he's back and healthy.

Dach's skating looked better than I expected. Was way more physical than I expected too. Some nice passes.

Newhook looks like he's continuing his upwards trend. A few of us commented how he improved his hockey IQ down the stretch and it seems he's still adding parts to his game.

Laine is super skilled. Damn.

Hutson had magical moments. His one big issue is getting beat by speed. He'll need to adapt his gap to his weaker straight away speed. He's relentless though. I really want him on PP1.

Mailloux needs to polish his game. It's still rough around the edges. He could work on his agility as well.

Roy is smart and has great puck skills, but man his skating is not where it should for a high end player. It speaks volume to his hockey IQ that he's able to produce without many of the skating skills most top 6 players have.

Looking forward to seeing how Tuch develops this year. Skating, strength, positioning are there. He'll be a good fit with all the big players on the team if he makes it.

Barron looked better than his usual tire fire self. A few bonehead mistakes but not as bad as previous years. Didn't shy from physical play, which is very important for him.

Anderson wasn't bad at all tbh.

Heineman has NHL upside but it's tough to know how high. The physical tools are there. He's a north south player with shot and physicality which I like quite a lot. He's not very smart offensively though which I think will limit him.

My coup de coeur was by far Kapanen though. Holy shit is he smart. High IQ and absolutely relentless. Beautiful punch turns as well used to great effect to create space for himself and others. If he plays more like these he needs to stay.

Easily the best training camp we've in like a decade up to now. Man I still remember the absolute disaster that was the 2021-2022 training camp. Were more at a point where management will have to make really tough decisions at every position.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
No kidding, I think Lapointe has been huge for us. He sounds and looks like a bro (like Bergevin) but so far so good for sure
I think it shows how smart HuGo are. They could've just cleaned house and canned the complete old regime, but they know how to see who can bring what to the team. They have that real CEO mentality

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Laine looked good for missing all that time.

Game 1 (of the preseason, no less) but hopefully the plan on PP1 isn't to try to force that one-timer all year ala the Weber years. He got some great chances, but we need to work to free him up at least before looking to him.

Hutson/Kapanen/Heineman/Primeau all looked good to me as well. Plenty of others, too, but they stood out.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Laine looked good for missing all that time.

Game 1 (of the preseason, no less) but hopefully the plan on PP1 isn't to try to force that one-timer all year ala the Weber years. He got some great chances, but we need to work to free him up at least before looking to him.

Hutson/Kapanen/Heineman/Primeau all looked good to me as well. Plenty of others, too, but they stood out.
He was pumped for it as was Dach.
They may struggle a bit the next time out it happens quite often to players coming back after long lay offs.
The "sophmore" outing is always tougher.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad