Pre-Game Talk: Game 1 Preseason Habs vs. Philadelphia (Monday Sept. 23 – 7PM ET) RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Apparently Kapanen contract only allows him to either play in the NHL or Finland, IIRC. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That is correct (not his contract but the SHL/NHL transfer agreement), when I said keeping him with the team, I meant the Habs.

Reactions: MangoX

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 60M/yr scam artist, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Hard to believe how good we looked for game one and without our best line excited for this season for the first time in maybe a decade.
Same, I won’t be cheering for losses this year that’s for sure. Enough of that lol.

Pretty sure we won’t be bottom of the barrel bad anyway, the kids look good and more are coming soon including our best prospect.

Feels good!

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
When there is expansion Hughes can probably find a way to trade players he is going to lose for draft picks and/or use picks to get a team to claim a player he is willing to lose.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Lots of good things to be excited about in this game. Hutson is unbelievable. Laine was dangerous. Kapanen showing he can steal a bottom 6 spot. But the most exciting thing for me was seeing Dach. I will say it now, the Habs success this season hinges on Dach staying healthy. I think he can be a dominant center if healthy. He has all the offensive and physical tools.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Not a whole lot of negatives tonight. I mean even the players that some will say didn't shine as much, I mean, they were not going to have a spot in Montreal anyway. Engstrom, Mailloux...that's Laval bound. And that's fine. Hutson...just wow. What a player. Loved Laine. I think that Newhook is still to be determined. Insane Kapanen line. Even the 4th was ok, loved seeing Tuch score.

One guy I want out....Dvorak. What's the best..now or later? Let's go now. Call Columbus. For a pick. Or ask for Dolzhenkov or Malatesta....anything....
Malatesta for Dvorak? Tell me, what did Columbus do to you? Did Waddell eat your dinner or what? 😏
James is a great player, tough, aggressive, fast. Such a dynamo.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Hard to believe how good we looked for game one and without our best line excited for this season for the first time in maybe a decade.
It shows that we are taking the proper approach dealing with our personnel in camp.
I'm ecstatic we aren't f***ing around with scrap like the past two editions.
There was always a limited number of players who we should be looking closely at.
Not to mention finding chemistry with two top lines is primordial.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Hutson's the only guy in the system that is on another planet with his skills. The other is Demidov. Insanity will ensue in the next couple of years.
Agree i was at both the rookie games at the bell center and even if he didnt put a ton of points u could tell hes simply on another level same thing tonight he will create tons of chances for our forwards theres no AHL for him he deserves to start the year with the Habs

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
Lots of good things to be excited about in this game. Hutson is unbelievable. Laine was dangerous. Kapanen showing he can steal a bottom 6 spot. But the most exciting thing for me was seeing Dach. I will say it now, the Habs success this season hinges on Dach staying healthy. I think he can be a dominant center if healthy. He has all the offensive and physical tools.
He's a tough mfer in the corners, not shy of roughing it up. I thought he would've been on eof those soft, big tall skilled guys when we traded for him at first lol that's such a huge plus to his game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad