Pre-Game Talk: Game 1 Preseason Habs vs. Philadelphia (Monday Sept. 23 – 7PM ET) RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Not a whole lot of negatives tonight. I mean even the players that some will say didn't shine as much, I mean, they were not going to have a spot in Montreal anyway. Engstrom, Mailloux...that's Laval bound. And that's fine. Hutson...just wow. What a player. Loved Laine. I think that Newhook is still to be determined. Insane Kapanen line. Even the 4th was ok, loved seeing Tuch score.

One guy I want out....Dvorak. What's the best..now or later? Let's go now. Call Columbus. For a pick. Or ask for Dolzhenkov or Malatesta....anything....

MangoX

Jul 2, 2009
Montreal
Can anyone comment on how Dobes and/or Engstrom looked?

Dobes played great. Really solid in net. Also the team D (not just the D) played great. The F were coming back to help protect too. Not letting the D man on their own. This was a complete team game. Didn't feel like a preason game to be honest. Everyone was on pucks, intercepting plays, not giving any time and space for opposing team. The shot totals don't mean anything. The 3rd especially was all habs. Engstrom was pretty invisible TBH, solid, if unspectacular. Didn't allow a goal against, so that says something.

Reactions: Canad13ns

MangoX

Jul 2, 2009
Montreal
Keeping him with the team is pretty simple actually, no way management allow Pez to be in the way of a prospect with high upside. The "real" issue is it would kinda "mess" the projected roster... One of Dvo/Evans would be pushed to the wing.

Apparently Kapanen contract only allows him to either play in the NHL or Finland, IIRC. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: behemolari

Yep

Lighthearted
Sep 12, 2009
Planète XY 1000 Z
It feels good to see that kind of talent. It's there, in plain sight, unmissable, unequivocally exploding in colours and warming our smiling faces.

There are no illusions this time. We don't have to support our team squinting our eyes as to see something that we wish was there.

We can now hope. At last.

It's going to be a great journey.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
I want to see more of Kapanen. He seems to have quite a high hockey IQ and some offensive skills. I want him to have a game in a offensive role with Laine and Dach, These two may need more then Newhook.

I also want him to have a game as 3rd c against better opposition.

Bottom line, if Kapanen continues to play like this, they have to keep him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad