GDT: Preseason games 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
When I came from walking the our boy(the Dog) a number 40 was in the nets I thought maybe the Kings reacquired CPetersen...Hope CGeorge is not a reincarnate....actually I liked Cal but Blake gave him a too big too soon Contract that made him Persona Non Grata

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Of the NHL guys:

Turcotte and Thomas looked good. Clarke was above average. Edmundson was decent (better than I thought he'd look). Lewis looks awful. Fagemo was not noticeable. Englund looked below average. Moverare was below average.

AHL/prospects: Portillo was decent but definitely not ready this year for the NHL. George looked good other than OT. Greentree looked good. Helenius was good. Lee was decent. Pinelli was good. The rest of the AHL/ECHL guys were/are what they are.

Reactions: ru4reals and Telos

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Anyone else impressed with Greentree? He plays a mature game for his age. He is not far from making it.
Lee and Helenius are also closer than I thought.
Portillo and Pinelli have improved since last year and are on track for the following wave.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Lost in OT and the shootout. Sucks, but it's preseason.

Not the finest ending by George, but he's only 18.

It's gonna give him some long burning fire!
Lewis, Ward, Studnicka just who everyone wants to see in a shootout:rolleyes:
Lewie is Utah hockey legend. Studnicka eaned it with a good game and Ward buried it.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Anyone else impressed with Greentree? He plays a mature game for his age. He is not far from making it.
Portillo and Pinelli have improved since last year and are on track for the following wave.
There isnt much high end goal scoring talent in the system but they have a ton of guys that could play shifts in the NHL and hold their own should there be injuries.
Guys like Studnicka Mallot Moverare and Jones are good depth just in case and better than what they have had in previous years in that part of the depth chart..
Greentree looked good but is still at least 2 years away.

Helenius and Lee probably could be either 4th line or the 13th forward this year if they keep up their play. Most likely will get those spots next year. Still some work to do for their games.

Portillo looks like he is right on schedule to make this team next season. One more AHL year and he should be ready.

Pinelli is still about 2 years away from the NHL but definitely looks better than his start of the year last year. Hopefully he can come up in the Greentree area of prospects (same with Zimmer).

Reactions: Schmooley

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Was impressed with Lee and Helenius. Love our size that's for sure. Who's this Mallot kid. One assist from a Gordie Howe Hatty. Greentree will take time in my opinion. Kids young I don't mind him being in juniors for a few more years and then on the Reign for the next 10. He'll be good when he's ready.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Was impressed with Lee and Helenius. Love our size that's for sure. Who's this Mallot kid. One assist from a Gordie Howe Hatty. Greentree will take time in my opinion. Kids young I don't mind him being in juniors for a few more years and then on the Reign for the next 10. He'll be good when he's ready.
Im going to go with a hot take and say Greentree makes it next year if they dont have 12 forwards under contract with guaranteed spots.

• Wow
Reactions: Surf Nutz

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Im going to go with a hot take and say Greentree makes it next year if they dont have 12 forwards under contract with guaranteed spots.
I think most likely he'll get a few games but they'll still let his contract slide. He would have to dominate training camp next year for them to consider putting him in the NHL, and even after that, he'd have to wow them.

Of course, things can change betwen then and now, especially if there's a regime change, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad