Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
1728526142794.png

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I didn't hate Beauvillier on the top line. Wasn't impressed with DOC. I think if they try Beau-Sid-Rust, that could certainly improve things.

I liked the third line. f***ing Eller looks like he turned back the clock 10 years. Like McG and PoolParty too.

4th line is much improved.

Defense and goalie...woof.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I still think this ownership group hates Pittsburgh and plans to move the team to Hartford.

Ownership is a group of financial "bros" who get off on good returns. That's it.

They'll sell the team in 5-10 years for an enormous profit because of time value of money. Inflation has never been as rampant and by all accounts global markets are going to continue being up-ended by (name your cause here). The billion(?) they paid for the team is going to look like chump change when they spin it off in a few years time.

It was a sound purchase - that's all. Crosby is the key to it. He'll sell jerseys, TV time, ads online, etc. Had he left - they might have changed their tune. He's here to stay - so nothing else will change. They can now focus their efforts elsewhere because the product is secure.

canadianguy77

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2006
The real question is how many periods of offensive ineptitude will he allow this to go on before he gives one of the guys without much experience a chance in the top 6? How many games will he throw away? 3? 4? 5?
I guarantee you the only thought going on in his
head is how many games until Bryan Rust is back?

He has a sickness in his head about only letting guys with experience a chance in the top 6.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I didn't hate Beauvillier on the top line. Wasn't impressed with DOC. I think if they try Beau-Sid-Rust, that could certainly improve things.

I liked the third line. f***ing Eller looks like he turned back the clock 10 years. Like McG and PoolParty too.

4th line is much improved.

Defense and goalie...woof.
What was good about Beauvillier on the top line? I mostly saw him falling down and flubbing chances.

DOC was atrocious too.

Sid had had enough of that game by the time the second period started lol.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Minus:
  • Jarry needed to be better, yes, he allowed 2 very bad goals he should have had that were just awful positioning, but that’s a goalie that has zero confidence and I think really needs a veteran goalie coach to help him not more new goalie coaches that would be fine with Blomqvist and others.
  • Defense, what defense? You’re telling me we had Defense today? That’s a lie.
  • Turnovers galore.
  • Odd man rushes for you and you and you…
  • Everyone had a speed pass to the front of the Penguins net, avoid lines, go straight to the front of the net like usual.
  • Beauvillier as a RW is awful, he was better off his left side.
  • Sullivan’s entire thought process as a coach, line-up, everything.
  • Two headed monster, if you’re using that for these two at this age, you’ve got zero ideas left as a coach. That hasn’t worked in a very long time.
  • Letang, what the actual holy f***.
  • Pettersson, please be gone by December.
  • Grzzyzyzyzlick, bloke sucks.
  • Graves, why…
  • Awful bench management, par for the course for Sullivan.
  • Quinn didn’t do shit on the PP and got scored against and the defense looks even worse, bravo, you’ve now showed us what Mike Sullivan would look like as an Assistant coach on this team, about as bad as the head coach.

Plus:
  • No one got hurt, except their ego’s.

@Gurglesons - I wouldn’t be better on the radio, I’d be fired for swearing or words we use in the UK being “too harsh” here when they aren’t also no one would be able to understand me. My wife watches uk shows with me with subtitles, I used to wonder if sometimes she just nods her head like she understood what I said when she can’t even watch Sherlock without subtitles lol.

Reactions: Nevins

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
What was good about Beauvillier on the top line? I mostly saw him falling down and flubbing chances.

DOC was atrocious too.

Sid had had enough of that game by the time the second period started lol.

Yeah @SEALBound I don't have a clue what game you watched either.

That top line looked hot ass the entire game. I don't know if they even looked like a competent 2nd line on any other team.

People should know that both DOC and Beau would likely be competing for 13th F on MOST NHL clubs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad