GDT: Game 1 - Penguins vs Rangers - 7:30 PM - All My Happiness is Gone

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
As a defender, you keep yourself between the other player and the net. If Graves leaves that guy, the Rangers will have a chance to complete a pass for a brief breakaway, or a shot for an uncontested rebound.
It seems like the way they are to play D, they don’t really control the gap all that well, so they don’t get to play the stick or body properly to keep the player at bay and take away shooting or passing lanes and leave enough room for the player to push the puck off the board and around them. It’s like rinse and repeat each time.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I still maintain Jarry is a good goalie playing behind an awful system and coach. He’s someone I wanted to see traded just to see him thrive away from this shit show. Because as much as blokes wanted to get on their knees for with Ned, he was absolute shit in that “streak” and it’s funny how so many glossed over that. Neither goalie is crap, the team’s structure is crap and it makes goalies look that way. Both Ned and Jarry were fantastic up until mid February, then both collapsed, that just can’t be a coincidence.
I think Tj is a solid goalie with injury issues and a team that doesn't do him any favors defensively.

Right as I post this he gives up another. Whoops

Reactions: tom_servo

Duffy13

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
Feb 16, 2013
PEI, Canada
Graves is just a disaster on this team, nothing will fix him and I wonder if this team, if it ever fires Sullivan, we’d see if maybe it was the system and the coach or not but we likely never will. Letang, my goodness, last season blokes will say he was ok, but he was making boneheaded plays for most of the games and then would have a stretch of not being a moron to finish the game.

His inconsistencies are just going to get worse.
For a couple years now Letang has shown that he is incapable of making a simple play and tries to force too much, then he gets out of position.....

And crap, another tough one right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad