GDT: Game 1 - Penguins vs Rangers - 7:30 PM - All My Happiness is Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
He had to defend the Rangers’ 3rd forward because he was crashing the net. The problem was that our back checker was 2-3 steps behind that 3rd forward, not Graves.
But that pass is so hard to complete and any mishap and it’s a broken play. You would hope in that situation one of Graves or the trailer would take a man each and not the same one.

I would much rather them take the guy that is wide open from the circle than take the guy who may be in a higher scoring spot but in a much more difficult position to complete the scoring opportunity.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Expected goals are back on the menu boys
1728518795560.gif

Reactions: tom_servo

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
We need him to get some confidence or the whole season will quickly derail. I hope he finds his game.

Pens need to d up and not feed the Rangers rush game. Let Tj get some easy ones for once.
I still maintain Jarry is a good goalie playing behind an awful system and coach. He’s someone I wanted to see traded just to see him thrive away from this shit show. Because as much as blokes wanted to get on their knees for with Ned, he was absolute shit in that “streak” and it’s funny how so many glossed over that. Neither goalie is crap, the team’s structure is crap and it makes goalies look that way. Both Ned and Jarry were fantastic up until mid February, then both collapsed, that just can’t be a coincidence.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
3rd line looks good but Beauvillier obviously should not be on Sid’s line. Sid’s given him a few chances to do something that have resulted in nothing.

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Eller is such a solid player. Pens better be able to wrangle a 2nd for him at the Tdl

Letangs brain is in mid-season form
To get the Cullen effect from Eller has been great, but I still deal his ass the moment this team can at the TDL, so I hope Eller has an insane season, plays at a pace for 40-45pts and nets this team a late 1st, lol.

Reactions: Pancakes

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
But that pass is so hard to complete and any mishap and it’s a broken play. You would hope in that situation one of Graves or the trailer would take a man each and not the same one.

I would much rather them take the guy that is wide open from the circle than take the guy who may be in a higher scoring spot but in a much more difficult position to complete the scoring opportunity.
As a defender, you keep yourself between the other player and the net. If Graves leaves that guy, the Rangers will have a chance to complete a pass for a brief breakaway, or a shot for an uncontested rebound.

Reactions: The Old Master

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Graves and Letang need to figure out if they want to play defense, both are completely lost in the DZone
Graves is just a disaster on this team, nothing will fix him and I wonder if this team, if it ever fires Sullivan, we’d see if maybe it was the system and the coach or not but we likely never will. Letang, my goodness, last season blokes will say he was ok, but he was making boneheaded plays for most of the games and then would have a stretch of not being a moron to finish the game.

His inconsistencies are just going to get worse.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Our first pair D is going to make some insanely beautiful plays but I am fearful there will be many more plays that make the masses call for their heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad