GDT: GAME 1 | PANTHERS VS SENATORS | THE ULLMARK ERA BEGINS | Thu Oct 10, 2024, 7PM

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
They won a game that last yr they probably would have lost, but due to Ullmark they won. Last yr goaltending was atrocious & this yr we have a former Vezina winner who so far is making a huge difference to this team & will certainly build their confidence in themselves hopefully to take the next big step.

Reactions: DylanSensFan

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
p858.png

Reactions: Korpse

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
We beat the best team in the NHL last yr, it wasn't a picture perfect win, but who expected us to beat the defending champions? There are things they need to get better at & I assume they will, but that was the best team & they humg in there. Next up a team that didn't make the playoffs that we beat twice in preseason, hopefully they can build on this momentum.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I know it's just game one of the year and I'm probably just psyched to watch real hockey, buuuuut I think that's a big win. We need a good start and with a winnable game against the Habs next we could easily be 2-0. Contrast with the Sabres 0-2 start and the task of making the playoffs looks better for us already.

For 94 points:
Sabres after 2 games : 47-33
Sens if they beat Habs: 45-35.

One looks quite a bit more daunting.

Good win for the boys to open. Improve and beat seven shades of shit out of the Scabs and we're on our way.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Go back and watch now the Sens were unable to clear their zone all last season.

I think the point was that Florida is such a strong forechecking team when and good in possession. When they turn it on and are pushing late in a game, it's hard to turn it around, no matter how strong of a team you are. Once they get you on your heels, they keep coming in waves and it can be vicious cycle. It's why they have had their success. There's room for improvement on Ottawa's end but that's what Florida does to everyone.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Go back and watch now the Sens were unable to clear their zone all last season.
I watched the game. Go look how the Rangers were unable to clear their zone in the playoffs against Florida, or Boston, or Tampa, or in some case, the Oilers. Florida attacks hard. Our team can learn a lot from them.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary

for anyone suggesting we didn't deserve to win. Paul Maurice himself says the Senators deserved this win. There was a lot of good in this game and sometimes I think SOME of this fan base is so pessimistic that they immediately go to the negative. I heard it too many times in 2007 from fair weather Senators fans before we made the long playoff run. At that time I listened to most games on the radio because they weren't all televised here in Alberta, nor were streams readily available. Team1200 was full of a lot of people angry at this team then, just as it seems we have a lot of folks being the same now.

This wasn't a perfect win. But our team worked for it. They aren't all going to pretty.

Last edited:

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Jensen impressed me, he's exactly what this team needed on the back end. Hopefully this will finally be a win in the pro scouting column after many Ls.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Need to play a team that isn’t Florida to really judge. Last night Linus played great. But we did do a good job at least in the second of keeping them to the perimeter.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I really enjoyed that game. Hard to watch us get hemmed in late, but we kept things to the outside, and blocked a ton of shots.

Commitment to doing what it takes to win is something we needed to work on so it’s nice to see.

Our D plays deep need work, and I’d like to see some more urgency by our d to make plays up ice when they have time, but as someone remarked, maybe out of screen forwards were changing.

Ullmark was fantastic.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Zub was not very good today

I gotta get used to it but I found he and Jenssen play very similar style and they have basically the same number when you’re watching it on an iPad. Zub did have a nice hit in the 3rd period where some cat took a good 10 foot run at him and Zub just stood up Russian and the dude bounced off him and landed flat on his back. Sens took a lot of hits that game and they never backed off, John Torterella would give their effort a F*****’ A+ last night

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad