GDT: GAME 1 | PANTHERS VS SENATORS | THE ULLMARK ERA BEGINS | Thu Oct 10, 2024, 7PM

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I would say there is massive improvement in our game from last year. If you understand how the Panthers play, this is their style. In the playoffs they attacked and attacked and attacked in waves against the other teams. We are talking playoff teams, who were absolutely out skated night over night by the Panthers. This is the Panthers style. Our First, parts of our second and third looked very good. Of course there is room for improvement. How about we celebrate instead? We won this game, even if it wasn't pretty.
Yeah in the playoffs, Edmonton was effectively the only team that was actually able to counter the Panthers forecheck, and even then they did it too late. The Bruins and Rangers were a complete joke relying entirely on goaltending to even give them a chance. Lightning was a bit better, but still eh.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
I would say there is massive improvement in our game from last year. If you understand how the Panthers play, this is their style. In the playoffs they attacked and attacked and attacked in waves against the other teams. We are talking playoff teams, who were absolutely out skated night over night by the Panthers. This is the Panthers style. Our First, parts of our second and third looked very good. Of course there is room for improvement. How about we celebrate instead? We won this game, even if it wasn't pretty.
I didn’t see anything wrong about the post you just responded to. Not sure why some posters feel the need to police how people see the game, particularly when it isn’t a wildly inaccurate assessment. Of course Senator fans are happy about this win, but that’s like saying water is wet.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I didn’t see anything wrong about the post you just responded to. Not sure why some posters feel the need to police how people see the game, particularly when it isn’t a wildly inaccurate assessment. Of course Senator fans are happy about this win, but that’s like saying water is wet.
Saying this team needs to improve is like saying water is wet. It's not something that needs to be harped about night in and night out. We've already been through the wringer enough. Sometimes our fans needs something to celebrate. We don't need to constantly hear that improvement is needed. In fact, most of us are smart enough to realize that, so why the f*** say it out loud? Or do you think were all just dumb homers?

Boston didn’t have any periods where they dominated unlike the Senators in this game.
This is more like what I saw tonight.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If we’d had last year’s goaltending we would not have won this game.

It’s that simple.

It’s not sustainable but it’s two points and we need all the points we can get.

The fact that we had a lead for a change as opposed to giving up a goal Korpisalo-style on the first or second shot of the game is refreshing.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
This is the kind of game where if you are afraid of this being another season like last year, it doesn't help.

Florida was very clearly the better team after the first period, and it wasn't close.

With that said, there is no point in worrying. Just hope that it's growing pains with a new system and a high chance over rate, and that Ullmark can carry them to a respectable record until they get it.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
If we’d had last year’s goaltending we would not have won this game.

Its that simple.

Its not sustainable but its two points and we need all the points we can get.

The fact that we had a lead for a change as opposed to giving up a goal Korpisalo style on the first or second shot of the game is refreshing.

That's exactly it.

With Korpisalo, this is a Florida blow out, and the front page of the Ottawa Sun does a cute headline like Korpisal0-1: Sens Lose Season Opener!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
iDCtw7[1].gif

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Saying this team needs to improve is like saying water is wet. It's not something that needs to be harped about night in and night out. We've already been through the wringer enough. Sometimes our fans needs something to celebrate. We don't need to constantly hear that improvement is needed. In fact, most of us are smart enough to realize that, so why the f*** say it out loud? Or do you think were all just dumb homers?

This is more like what I saw tonight.
You’re telling people how they should react again. You are the author of the most redundant and unnecessary aspect of this discussion. You are reading and over reacting far too much into a poster who simply made an observation about this game. Relax.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Way too early to make statements of this kind imo. I haven't seen anything yet to convince me team play has improved, nor have I seen the opposite.
The forecheck looked better; the cuts up the ice looked better; the player support looked better. There was a lot more team play tonight than I've seen during last seasons games, sans late season Martin work. Our PP needs improvement for sure. But there are many facets that looked better and more congealed than early last year. Yes, it's one game, but I see improvements. They also showed it in the pre-season. They're moving in the right direction.

You’re telling people how they should react again. You are the author of the most redundant and unnecessary aspect of this discussion. You are reading and over reacting far too much into a poster who simply made an observation about this game. Relax.
Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. I didn't tell anyone to do anything. I made a suggestion that maybe some people don't want to hear the same crap over and over again.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

The Professional

Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
Having even adequate goaltending will make a huge difference for this team. Tonight is a perfect example why. Sens dominated out of the gate but of course the game settled by the 2nd, and the Panthers cranked it up a notch in the third and were firing on all cylindres, including that shift when Ottawa was hemmed in their zone for like 2 minutes.

In years past, the team would have collapsed right there. Instead, Linus made key saves and the Sens were able to weather the storm and regroup to win it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad