GDT: GAME 1 | PANTHERS VS SENATORS | THE ULLMARK ERA BEGINS | Thu Oct 10, 2024, 7PM

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Tkachuk fails to get it out, again to end that period. I know our defense didn't box out on the goal but holy shit our forwards need to win some battles.
Lots of coaching still required. Hopefully Green has seen this too.

Amadio plays soft! Not my kind of player.

That's all folks for the first 2 periods.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Damn

Dean and Gord would have to stop giggling with each other for a few seconds to make that happen.

Your expectations are too high my friend
That reminds me of the dean ‘2 minutes with’ cousins before the game. Absolutely horrible. Gotta clean that crap up if we’re going best in class.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Official attendance is 19,436. Could be they were getting beer during the ceremony?

I think people really misunderstand how often the lower bowl is people out getting a meal or beers or maybe buying the seat and not showing up.

I watched the Montreal-Toronto game yesterday and for the first 5 minutes of period the lower bowl was half empty. And even by the middle of the period there were still a visible number of empty seats.

If Ottawa didn't sell out, they didn't sell out but I wouldn't trust the view of the lower bowl.

Reactions: DrEasy and Bileur

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Panthers are really good on the forecheck.. they give you very little time and space, they have really good sticks and win puck battles.

Sens have to pick it up in the 3rd.

I've liked Kleven's game. We need a better partner for him and we need a 4C with more size and speed

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Panthers are really good on the forecheck.. they give you very little time and space, they have really good sticks and win puck battles.

I've liked Kleven's game. We need a better partner for him and we need a 4C with more size and speed
I haven't seen the whole game because I had to pick my son up from school. How is Hamonic playing?

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
Fourth line hasn’t been impressive. I think it was a mistake to send down Jenik.

I think they need Ostapchuk’s size down the middle. I expect him to be back around the 15-20 game mark.

Gaudette hasn’t had the best game, but I get it’ll take him time to play a role that’s new to him. Let’s see if he can figure it out.

Cousins has been good, Gregor plays a bit soft for my taste.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
In terms of the game - strong first, weak second but our defense did a reasonably good job keeping stuff to outside.

I think our fourth line in particular struggled and the Norris line struggled as well but he seems to be going head to head with Barkov so... as long as they keep stuff to the outside I'm not too concerned. And maybe with more games Norris will ease in and do better against top lines if this is the plan.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

I thought hamonics been stronger last two periods.

Our breakouts seem to be an issue again after Martin looked like he cleaned them up.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Team is up 2-1 on the defending champs in game one of a season with more optimism than we've seen in many years and Bruce is on TV fear-mongering about the cap situation two years from now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad