Game 1 ECQF: Toronto Maple Leafs (3) at Boston Bruins (2) 7 PM ET | NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, NESN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
And the Bruins are unbeaten in the playoffs against the Leafs since 1959-1960.

That is great. How many points did Bergeron and Marchand combine for in that series? Still surprising that Bergeron can play so well for a 70 year old.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
If you're into numbers, you may wonder how the record can be 34-34 in 66 games played. :sarcasm:

I was like this..

giphy.gif

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Wow. I guess they have a valid excuse if they lose tonight.

It would be very impressive if the Bruins somehow won this game despite missing Riley Nash. Big loss for the Bruins.

May as well forfeit, without Riley Nash the playoffs are over

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I know one thing will be true after this series is over. considering both teams have complained all year in many threads there is a conspiracy vs them by the refs and/or nhl......one team will be wrong after this series. Not sure I’ve ever watched two teams play vs each that both think so strongly they get screwed over by the refs & Nhl over an entire season. Should be fun to watch/read.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Wow. I guess they have a valid excuse if they lose tonight.

It would be very impressive if the Bruins somehow won this game despite missing Riley Nash. Big loss for the Bruins.

I agree. Big loss for the Bruins. It would be impressive.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
May as well forfeit, without Riley Nash the playoffs are over

That would be the right thing to do. It would help the Leafs save their energy for Tampa. Without Riley Nash do the Bruins even stand a chance? He's the glue that held their team together.

Reactions: DanM

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Sorry Bruins, I needed to google who Riley Nash was, I feel bad. :eek:

Reactions: egd27

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I know one thing will be true after this series is over. considering both teams have complained all year in many threads there is a conspiracy vs them by the refs and/or nhl......one team will be wrong after this series. Not sure I’ve ever watched two teams play vs each that both think so strongly they get screwed over by the refs & Nhl over an entire season. Should be fun to watch/read.
considering Boston isn't 2nd last in powerplay opportunities, I'll say they have no real grounds to complain honestly

Reactions: Cotton and Pi

NewJackEdwards

Jun 8, 2010
CT
I just hope there are no questionable offside/goalie interference calls for either team. This is going to be great series and I would much prefer the games be decided by the players.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
That would be the right thing to do. It would help the Leafs save their energy for Tampa. Without Riley Nash do the Bruins even stand a chance? He's the glue that held their team together.

Agreed, if they lose anymore superstar young players like Heinen, DeBrusk, Acciari, Wingels, or Schaller they may not be able to rebuild from that lol

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Looking forward to this one.

I enjoyed the games yesterday as well.

First round is always a treat with great hockey every night.

Small comfort, but no Ottawa in the playoffs takes a bit of the stress out of it.

Reactions: DanM

SergeiSamsonovFan

Mar 21, 2018
Don't love this matchup for Boston, I think this series goes the distance. Still a shame that 2 of the top 3 teams in the conference have to play each other in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad