Game 1 ECQF: Toronto Maple Leafs (3) at Boston Bruins (2) 7 PM ET | NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, NESN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
True.

Leafs are now the favorites to win their first playoffs series since 03-04 and avenge the ultimate 2013 choke job.

LOL

All friendly trash talk aside, should be a damn good series.

I have actually been pretty impressed that it's been civil on here, but I guess it has not started yet either lol

Reactions: Jean_Jacket41

SergeiSamsonovFan

Mar 21, 2018
T
LOL

All friendly trash talk aside, should be a damn good series.

I have actually been pretty impressed that it's been civil on here, but I guess it has not started yet either lol

The only team I really hate is Montreal, but I'm sure that will change after tonight. ;)

Reactions: DanM

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Don't love this matchup for Boston, I think this series goes the distance. Still a shame that 2 of the top 3 teams in the conference have to play each other in the first round.

Yeah, this format has to go.

Winnipeg and Nashville will meet in the second round whereas teams from the Pacific division with fewer points play each other. What is the advantage of winning the President's Trophy if you don't get the weakest team every round?

Penguins get to play a team with no goalie and the Bruins and Leafs have to duke it out...and their prize for winning this series? They likely face Tampa. Penguins? They could potentially face another team that is easier than the match up that Toronto or Boston would have in the second round despite the fact that these teams had 5 and 12 more points than the Penguins.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I remember before Marner broke into the league, I was reading a letter from 13 year old Doug Gilmour to himself and I thought it very much fitting for Marner, who I am hoping has a good series. Here's the start :

Doug Gilmour
NHL
Mar 9 2016
Dear 13-year-old Doug,
Writing you here from the future. It’s 2016. Still cold as hell in Ontario. No flying cars yet. They have these things called protein shakes though. They’re delicious. They even have a cookies-and-cream flavor.
You’re stuck with the cans of Ensure.
I can see you cringing, man. That weird powdered vanilla out of the tin can. Tastes like chalk. Dad makes you drink two cans a day because you’re 5-foot-2, 105 pounds, and you know damn well that Bobby Orr is 6-feet, 200 pounds.
The only way to get there is to chug Ensure and pray for a growth spurt. It’s brutal.
So learn to repeat this over and over, like your own little mantra:
He’s just too small.
Oh yeah? F— you.
He’s just too small.
Oh yeah? F— you.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
T

The only team I really hate is Montreal, but I'm sure that will change after tonight. ;)

Agreed!

As original six teams, we have that potential to start a heated rivalry, especially with the Habs in rebuild mode.

You know the hate is truly real when Habs fans are cheering for the Leafs haha

TheKingSlayer

He was in the way!
Mar 12, 2008
Ottawa
At the end of the day, you just have to win. Your team should want to play the best every single time.

You don't need a warm-up round in the playoffs - that's what the regular season was for. I doubt any of the Leafs players are complaining that they may have to face the two best teams in the East if they want to get to the Conference finals. If you are good enough, you will win. Simple as that. Buck up and just play the game. Period.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Yeah, this format has to go.

Winnipeg and Nashville will meet in the second round whereas teams from the Pacific division with fewer points play each other. What is the advantage of winning the President's Trophy if you don't get the weakest team every round?

Penguins get to play a team with no goalie and the Bruins and Leafs have to duke it out...and their prize for winning this series? They likely face Tampa. Penguins? They could potentially face another team that is easier than the match up that Toronto or Boston would have in the second round despite the fact that these teams had 5 and 12 more points than the Penguins.

Fully agree

Placid Perspicuity

Apr 19, 2016
I feel dirty, I'm really excited to watch this game and I'm cheering for the Leafs :scared:

I think the playoffs are a good opportunity to remind ourselves that we watch hockey to be entertained. Silly differences with people on an internet message board shouldn't affect our enjoyment of this sport, in my opinion.

I'm a Leaf fan that cheered for the Jets in yesterday's game, and I was thoroughly entertained. Isn't that what it's all about?

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I'm so conflicted. I've never liked the Leafs, mostly due to some of their fans (some, not all, the rational, non glosting respectful ones, you peeps are awesome) but I hate the Bruins as a team, as I find them pretty dirty and getting away with a lot. But I generally have few issues with their fans and find them an amicable bunch.

Should be a damn good series either way.

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
But they do.

But see the thing is, they don't. Man you Bruins fans are a cocky bunch where you say the only way the Buds will beat the Bruins is if the Bruins "lay an egg", sure man, cause 7 pts in the standings really separates the "good Boston team" and the "Leafs team who made us lay an egg and that's only how they beat us, not cause they're actually good". I really can't wait to see what happens here pal..

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
As for this format...

Last year the leafs crawled into the last wild card spot and played a top 5 team.

This year the Leafs dominate a season and a rewarded with another top 5 team.

upload_2018-4-12_12-43-9.jpeg

Reactions: Liferleafer

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I'm so conflicted. I've never liked the Leafs, mostly due to some of their fans (some, not all, the rational, non glosting respectful ones, you peeps are awesome) but I hate the Bruins as a team, as I find them pretty dirty and getting away with a lot. But I generally have few issues with their fans and find them an amicable bunch.

Should be a damn good series either way.

Tip: Don't let fans of a team stop you from enjoying the hockey that team plays. The fans don't play the game.

Example: I think I dislike most Jets fans here but I think they are a scary team that will go the distance. I don't cheer for them but if I had to bet money on a team coming out of the West, I'd probably put it on the Jets. They are built like the Kings team that won the Cup with a 16-2? record.

Reactions: bukwas

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Tip: Don't let fans of a team stop you from enjoying the hockey that team plays. The fans don't play the game.

Example: I think I dislike most Jets fans here but I think they are a scary team that will go the distance. I don't cheer for them but if I had to bet money on a team coming out of the West, I'd probably put it on the Jets. They are built like the Kings team that won the Cup with a 16-2? record.

I love the jets players, what's not to like? That said I want them to go 0-82 because of a 10 to 15 posters on here, I want those people to experience zero joy from their team.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Jealous of both fanbases for the feelings of anticipation heading in to this one.

Good luck!

It's a video that's only for Boston fans and those types of biased videos shouldn't be in the OP posts of main board GDTs so happy it was excluded

Hell even the 2nd last media link shouldn't be in it

Obviously nitpicking but they're supposed to be not biased for 1 team, even though I expect you just brought your own GDT over from the Bruins board to here without having that intention

Point taken, regular season main board GDTs always had the rule to not have bias towards a team in the OP. My bad. But still do hope neither fan base creates a heavily biased GDT that incites **** by just having it on the main board

My reply above

First thing to do when you're in a hole?...

Reactions: Gee Wally
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad