GDT: Game 1 (ECQF) : New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils - 7pm EST, MSG2, TBS / (Series 0-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
This is going to be a long series.

Need to get a good start and would love a Game 1 win, but you know the Devils are gonna come out amped in an electric atmosphere.

Weather the first 10 min and make a good habit out of managing the puck and taking the body when it presents itself. Im looking at the 4th line setting a consistent tone, whether they find themselves up or down in this game.

Whatever the result, need to stay even keel and approach each game with the experience of a champion.

Take whats given, keep it simple and focused. Support each other and play as a 5 man unit. Make a habit out of that in all situations. Capitalize when the situation presents itself.

Hoping to take 1 out of the first two.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This is going to be a long series.

Need to get a good start and would love a Game 1 win, but you know the Devils are gonna come out amped in an electric atmosphere.

Weather the first 10 min and make a good habit out of managing the puck and taking the body when it presents itself. Im looking at the 4th line setting a consistent tone, whether they find themselves up or down in this game.

Whatever the result, need to stay even keel and approach each game with the experience of a champion.

Take whats given, keep it simple and focused. Support each other and play as a 5 man unit. Make a habit out of that in all situations. Capitalize when the situation presents itself.

Hoping to take 1 out of the first two.
This and also play fox 35 minutes.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
1pgnoIj.gif

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I love (and hate) playoff hockey so much. Round 1 game 1 and I feel Giants in the Super Bowl level nerves.
Regardless that I feel confident our boys will "get it done", I legitimately have been a nervous wreck for 3 days now. On edge, super hyper active, just going, going, going. Like the energizer bunny.
Here's to hoping our Rangers will be very similar.

4 rounds and 16 wins later.........we just may be looking back and saying that this series was the toughest to win. Wouldn't that be something when we will be playing 2 other very solid teams and Colorado, Vegas or Minnesota (my personal underdog pick) come finals. This is going to be great!

Please make me PAY extra for TNT for the next 2 months, I'm not frugal that way.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
This and also play fox 35 minutes.
Wouldn't bet against him playing 30, that's for sure. Hopefully we have a dominating 5-2 or late 5-3 win, where he only has to play 25 min. or so.

I feel like I'm in the minority. I'm expecting to big brother them

That's what my gut tells me. Easy work.
I'm with you, but feel like you do. Kind of lonely with the positivity.

Reactions: duhmetreE

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Top pair D-man Kevin Bahl? We are so much better than this team.

Look at the scores last night. Everything close and low scoring. Once the time and space goes away, I have my doubts the Devils can consistently play in our zone 5v5. And are their goalies going to make a big save in a close game late? Vanacek was getting pulled against Florida last year and Blackwood has never played a meaningful game in his career. We know Igor is coming to play.

Manage the puck in the neutral zone and play below the goal-line in the OZ and this series can be over quickly. It's not the Devils year yet, and the Rangers have business to attend to. LGR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad