GDT: Game 1 - Avs @ Knights - Rockstar Rookie Revue - 8PM

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
What an absolutely garbage performance, even by 4giev's awful standards.

Only one goal was "screened" and the rest were him getting beat clean.

I hate how many chances he's going to get, and how management didn't unload him in the offseason.

We could have had a Stolarz and Wedgewood platoon for LESS money than 4giev makes, and they wouldn't be as bad, either. Sure they'd have their ups and downs, but at this point we win games despite Fourgie, while the other two have actually stolen games before.

Reactions: missionAvs

Ceremony

How I choose to feel is how I am
Jun 8, 2012
I don't understand how our goalies manage to get beat at their near post as much as they do. I hate the goal Fourgiev gives up where he looks like he's ducking out the way while sticking his elbows out like a chicken then looks surprised when it's behind him. I hate him.

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
I don't understand how our goalies manage to get beat at their near post as much as they do. I hate the goal Fourgiev gives up where he looks like he's ducking out the way while sticking his elbows out like a chicken then looks surprised when it's behind him. I hate him.
It actually looked like he was scared of the puck. Mindblowing.

Reactions: LurkerMcgee

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
What's even crazier is that two seasons ago he went 40-16-6 with a .919sv%

Most Avs fans, myself included, thought we had our goalie of the future. o_O

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
The Avs system defense of old is gone. They can't afford a team that's deep enough to protect the goalies anymore. They need goalies that can win games themselves, or at least not lose games.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
Well, we played without our 3 top-six wingers, so the loss was kind of expected, but 7 goals on 21 shots? TF? Our goalies would be advised to have better success rate than one in sixties percentage, if we want to win some games next time.

BTW, anyone having issues with HF lately? Like i can post at one page, like here page 50 of this thread, but loading the page 51 seem to log me off and therefore cant post there (no can i log on as some security error message pops-up).

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
On a positive note.

Mikko will be a beast this season.
You could see right from puck drop that he was moving better. It's common knowledge that he worked on his skating this summer and boy if/when he has finetuned his frame to be more affective, get outta the way.
Respect the elite athlete!

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
Well, we played without our 3 top-six wingers, so the loss was kind of expected, but 7 goals on 21 shots? TF? Our goalies would be advised to have better success rate than one in sixties percentage, if we want to win some games next time.

BTW, anyone having issues with HF lately? Like i can post at one page, like here page 50 of this thread, but loading the page 51 seem to log me off and therefore cant post there (no can i log on as some security error message pops-up).
I always have issues with the site. It blows

On a positive note.

Mikko will be a beast this season.
You could see right from puck drop that he was moving better. It's common knowledge that he worked on his skating this summer and boy if/when he has finetuned his frame to be more affective, get outta the way.
Respect the elite athlete!
He also wants that money so he’s trying. Once the check of an extension clears. He will Bambi again :) jk I dont know he might care

Reactions: Miri

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Hey, at least we didn't lose 6-0 ... at home.

F*ck them Oilers! And f*ck them Pens. I actually like them a bit, Pens i mean, but still, F*CK THEM!

Oh, and f*ck 4+giev. Jeez, what a mess.

I'm good, thank you. Off-Season was too short. I need 3 more month of nothing or i'll die this season.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

There were signs there that it was a pure mirage. It became clear in the Seattle series that he wasn’t working out well. It was brushed off or excused, but that’s the spot where the oh shit really sunk in.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
What an absolutely garbage performance, even by 4giev's awful standards.

Only one goal was "screened" and the rest were him getting beat clean.

I hate how many chances he's going to get, and how management didn't unload him in the offseason.

We could have had a Stolarz and Wedgewood platoon for LESS money than 4giev makes, and they wouldn't be as bad, either. Sure they'd have their ups and downs, but at this point we win games despite Fourgie, while the other two have actually stolen games before.
They wanted to play for us the most?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Even in the Seattle series Georgiev still managed a .914 sv%

Its been all downhill from there with no end in sight.
Save percentage can be a mirage… in nearly all of those games, something like 5 or 6, he gave up a soft goal. Just one he shouldn’t give up in a game. That’s simply hard to overcome consistently when the margins are so tight. In the end, the Avs couldn’t. It was a sign he didn’t have what it took prior to his full mental break down.

Reactions: Frenchy

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ

I still dont understand how he made it to the ASG . Yeah !!! he was the goalie with the most win !! big deal :rolleyes:.

This is the same as last season , at least 1-2 goals per 10 shots each game. He's playing scare to let goals in and the team in front of him are probably thinking the same thing . He's giving a goal or two in his first 10 shots , then arround shots 12-14 it's an automatic goal each game , rinse and repeat , after 15 shots it's usually at least 3-4 goals in.

Reactions: Tommy Shelby

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Georgiev was better than Annunen yesterday

.688 vs .500
I don’t get how you can so deeply defend George all the time. Like this… as if there is any defense on a guy saving less than 70% where he gave up more goals than high danger shots he faced.

jani

Oct 15, 2023
  • Mikko had some jump
  • Fourgiev and beyond (ah shit, here we go again)
  • Mack own zone very bad
  • Seeing LOC out there backchecking and stuff warms my heart

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don’t get how you can so deeply defend George all the time. Like this… as if there is any defense on a guy saving less than 70% where he gave up more goals than high danger shots he faced.
I don't defend Georgiev, I shit on the Avs for not caring about goaltenders. What's happening is on management, not on the shitty goaltender that they traded for.

Georgiev should have gotten the Campbell treatement last year. Instead he started 63 games, the highest in the league.

That's on the f***ing team, not on the broken man.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't defend Georgiev, I shit on the Avs for not caring about goaltenders. What's happening is on management, not on the shitty goaltender that they traded for.
From the outside, it looks like constant defense of George. Every turn (seemingly but likely hyperbole), something isn’t his fault. It might be management. Might be Bednar. Might be whatever scrub made a mistake. It might be the team sucks. It’s almost never George. It is right to something else to deflect away from how bad George is playing. Even the you don’t get better goaltending for the money line… many teams have paid less and are getting better goaltending than the Avs.

NMAvsman

Jan 28, 2007
Well....awful....but I am trying to think how we won with Kuemper, at as I recall it was having decent backup goaltending and Kuemper would make the first save but give up awful rebounds in high danger spots and be out of position for the rebound shot...but at least it gave time for our guys to have a shot at disrupting the rebound shooter. Kuemper was mediocre at best....but Georgiev gets beat clean....no chance for us to at least clear out ugly rebounds with our speed getting back. He is mentally broken right now. His body language tells it all. The team defense is bad to be sure, but damn....this is low tier AHL goaltending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad