GDT: Game 1/2- Habs vs Leafs Prospects - Sept 14- 1pm EST RDS1 & YouTube

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I think we just experienced what the NJ Devils fans felt all of last season. Poor guy, I’m sure he wants to make amends but I don’t think he has it in him.

Our 5 on 5 D was spotless and dominating in transition. Impressed.

Forwards clearly missing the top end talent in this tourney but we knew that. AHL vets were disappointing.

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
everyone that needed to be great was great. They dominated the 2nd half of the game, were nervous the first half which is completely understandable. We already knew Kidney has no future in the NHL, but it looks like he'll be mostly in the echl this year with all the young players coming in to laval. Farrell is a career AHLer, oldest guy on the team but zero NHL attributes.
We have to cut bait on Mesar before the rest of the NHL figures it out (prob too late), indistinguishable from Farrell. Still can't believe we picked him over Lambert and Kulich, Even Lamoureux would have been a better pick.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Lmao good to see the Leafs drafted two more losers, congrats on scoring against a U Sports goalie in a shootout.

Gonna go taunt some parents at the park after i block a 5 year Olds shot at the basket.
gotta love minten and cowan trolling the crowd on their SO goals. :laugh:

they'll fit right in with that douchey franchise

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
gotta love minten and cowan trolling the crowd on their SO goals. :laugh:

they'll fit right in with that douchey franchise

I have no problem with it when the context is right.. but they literally were shooting on a kid who isn't good enough for this level, there's no celebration to be had there.

If Quentin Miller was healthy and they did it, have at it.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
After knocking off the rust during the first 2, I think they looked much better in the 3rd. Should be a better game tomorrow.

Lane Hutson showed he's a cut above the rest and will probably start the year in the NHL.

I liked Engstrom's game, after Hutson he was the D that stood out the most to me.

I know Beck scored, but idk, I thought I was going to see more. Same goes for Mesar, his dynamism should be popping out of the screen, but I just don't see it.

The Xhekaj line and Protz disappointed me a bit, I thought I was going to see more physicality but maybe the pace of play threw them of their game a bit.

Imo, Reinbacher and Mailloux looked meh. If nothing changes, I think they both start in the AHL with Barron and Struble as 6th and 7th D.

I think most guys will really step up their game tomorrow.

Engstrom was hot garbage until his goal, which came off of the rest of the guys on the ice. Reinbacher had to babysit him for the whole first period and took a penalty due to his bad play. That said, that goal clearly gave him confidence and his play was very good in the third, but he'd struggle if they kept him in the NHL. There's clearly something there though Mailloux had some bad plays. Reinbacher will be very appreciated by the coaching whether he's in Montreal or Laval. He was easily the best passer in transition and covered more ice than anybody. He's not far from the NHL. That said, I thought he was the opposite of Engstrom and started strong before making mistakes later in the game.

Last edited:

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
fun game..and props to like what? 10k showing up on a gorgeous 30 degree saturday afternoon in montreal. get a life losers! j/k

it's clear we're thin at forward talent outside I think beck and heinemann?
(can't wait for hage and demidov)

I don't see Farrell. Kidney or Mesar with a future in the NHL here.
Florian is fearless and rugged but needs a year in the AHL to put on 20 lbs and improve his skating.
Hutson looked good, but I would also like to see him work on his straight away speed.
Mailloux looked great.
Beck was fantastic. Sure fire 3/4 line C.
Engstrom is smooth and you can see the hockey IQ. I don't think he's ready yet.
Reinbacher looked nervous.
Again it's one game and they were thrown into the fire in front of 1000s of people.

Mailloux and hutson look to be the guys fighting for spots; maybe heinemann up front

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Haven’t posted in a while and didn’t have a chance to watch the game, but it makes me chuckle how the opinion of a prospects game can vary so wildly from one poster to another….almost like they were watching different games. Anyways, I tend to agree with the opinions of specific posters, so I will take the rest with a grain of salt.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Just saw the first end of 3rd and OT. Toronto duds looked outmatched 5 on 5. Their goalie saved their bacon.

The guys that were supposed to be a cut above on both sides were a cut above from what I saw.

Hudson looked like a forward most of the time that I saw him on the ice. He was frickin F-1 on many shifts wth! The rest of the pack didn’t know what to do. He will look even better in the o-zone with the big club, because the IQ wil’ be there from the rest of the pack.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Hey, well that was as fun as a sloppy game could be, lol.

Our boys looked like they just stepped on the ice after a long hot summer.

Kidding aside Beck and Hutson look like they could make the Rocket opening night roster….tonight.
The rest of the boys get a Fortnite pass.

ps any word on Thorpe, he ate a tuff one.

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
ITT: Old men overreacting to a rookie showcase game.

That said I was disappointed with Mesar and clearly Pascal Vincent was as well, pretty sure he didn't see the ice at all in OT where he would likely shine the most.

Reactions: Redux91

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
Engstrom was particularly bad. Outside of his goal, so many turnovers. He was doing Kovaceviks left and right.

Mailloux is NHL ready confirmed. Snake Boisvert should be confirmed as a snake oil seller soon. Reinbacher was decent. Elite first pass. He was dragged by Engstrom.

Good showing by Bech. Eager to see his camp

Florian will be fun to follow in Laval.

ITT: Old men overreacting to a rookie showcase game.

That said I was disappointed with Mesar and clearly Pascal Vincent was as well, pretty sure he didn't see the ice at all in OT where he would likely shine the most.

Mesar, Heineman and Ferrell and flops. I didn't see Tuch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad