GDT: GAME 01 - Wednesday, October 9th, 2024 - Winnipeg Jets at Edmonton Oilers - 9:00pm CDT - Sportsnet - CJOB/Power 97

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
A number of things I have to say after my long summer vacation from HFJets GDT's:

- I drive into the U.S. for any holidays. I hear the Airport doesn't exist...

- Hellebyuck is now called Hellebyack....

- Our special needs PP is now going to be called Special Teams... so Winnipeg Jets management tells
me...

- Chevy is back in Winnipeg and says he couldn't make any significant trades due to Winnipeg's poor
internet...

- Jets are rolling it back I'm told... not season ticket prices... the roster...

- The Oilers still suck plantains...

Great to be back all...

Go Jets Go !!!
..........:jets

giphy.gif

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I don't know why I'm nervous about tonight it's one game out of 82 and a game that the Oilers are heavily favoured to win. I guess a loss is not the end of the world but a loss on Friday and the world is definitely ending,

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Don't forget to get your guesses into the Prediction Contest before it closes, as well as your guesses into the Bonus Questions for a chance for possible additional points at the end of the season. And while I'm at it, don't forget to sign up to create your very own GDT, or two, or three...:nod:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I don't know why I'm nervous about tonight it's one game out of 82 and a game that the Oilers are heavily favoured to win. I guess a loss is not the end of the world but a loss on Friday and the world is definitely ending
Must win
Real test
Wine is flowing
Feels like mid December to my liver

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Kind of wish we didn't have to start with the oilers but beating them would be a great way to kick it off
Special teams will be very important - go Jets

Reactions: wraithsonwings

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Man i hate the Oilers and alot of their fans, one dude was asking how are the Jets getting to Edmonton considering Winnipeg doesn't have a airport. Ha that's so hilarious.

Our own fans make this same lame "joke" (plus wifi).

Wedgeden

Mar 31, 2012
Ugh... have to watch games through Amazon Prime this year since I lost my satellite access. I was all excited for tonight until I found out it was on Sportsnet.. :cry:
My plan is to cancel for the months of February and April because they only have 3 TSN games each saving me $40.
Total cost will be $100.. Still not too bad.
I left the satellite where I had been living, so I can always pick up the extra games over there.

Reactions: John Agar

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
A number of things I have to say after my long summer vacation from HFJets GDT's:

- I drive into the U.S. for any holidays. I hear the Airport doesn't exist...

- Hellebyuck is now called Hellebyack....

- Our special needs PP is now going to be called Special Teams... so Winnipeg Jets management tells
me...

- Chevy is back in Winnipeg and says he couldn't make any significant trades due to Winnipeg's poor
internet...

- Jets are rolling it back I'm told... not season ticket prices... the roster...

- The Oilers still suck plantains...

Great to be back all...

Go Jets Go !!!
..........:jets

giphy.gif
The kids would call that post "cringe". 😬😆

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad