Confirmed with Link: Gabriel Vilardi signs 3-year ELC

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
I've been on this site since 2005, can confirm.

We all want Vilardi healthy obviously. There's nothing wrong about making jokes either. All the Vilardi health jokes are hilarious to me. You can make light of any situation and thats what the people are doing. Are people supposed to be crying here on his behalf?

I for one can't wait until technology gets better so Vilardi can be the first cybernetic hockey player in the NHL. Half human/ Half robot.

Oh come on, I've been around the Kings fan boards since the old usenet days and people have always been bitchy, crotchety, and whiny. Do you remember the shit show this place was when Willsie scored a f***ing goal to help us beat the Sharks in '07 putting us ahead of the Lightning? Do you remember the people complaining about our left wing being 'cap space' and the fact that Lombardi never took any risks? Do you remember the huge f***ing arguments over Jack Johnson, people were at each others throats over him on here.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Oh come on, I've been around the Kings fan boards since the old usenet days and people have always been *****y, crotchety, and whiny. Do you remember the **** show this place was when Willsie scored a ****ing goal to help us beat the Sharks in '07 putting us ahead of the Lightning? Do you remember the people complaining about our left wing being 'cap space' and the fact that Lombardi never took any risks? Do you remember the huge ****ing arguments over Jack Johnson, people were at each others throats over him on here.
Of course I rememeber that. But that was arguments about the game and the team. Not over "distasteful" jokes.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
After trade deadline:

Grundstrom-Kopitar-Kupari
Kovalchuk-Vilardi-Brown
Iafallo-Amadio-Kempe
Clifford-Lizotte- JAD
Wagner

Bjornfot-Doughty
Hutton-Walker
MacDermid-Roy

Traded: Martinez, Toffoli, Carter, Lewis.
Will not speculate on goaltending atm.

Reactions: Sol

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Of course I rememeber that. But that was arguments about the game and the team. Not over "distasteful" jokes.

It appeared to be more about some getting annoyed at the same boring jokes clogging up the thread, which I can fully agree with, rather than about the comments themselves being offensive. A good alternative might be to have a Vilardi news thread and a different thread for people to discuss how he will never play again and how they don't acknowledge him as a prospect. To be honest I wish this was already the case, because it would making finding those comments from this offseason stating that he will never skate again easier to find.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
The best thing about a message board is you don't have to read it. If something offends you, skip over it. If something is getting old to you, skip over it.

I always think of message boards as a room full of people I am with. I don't think of it as some online contest to see who is right, or some kind of other competition. I don't think I've read many things (if any) on this board that would offend me if I heard it in person.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
After trade deadline:

Grundstrom-Kopitar-Kupari
Kovalchuk-Vilardi-Brown
Iafallo-Amadio-Kempe
Clifford-Lizotte- JAD
Wagner

Bjornfot-Doughty
Hutton-Walker
MacDermid-Roy

Traded: Martinez, Toffoli, Carter, Lewis.
Will not speculate on goaltending atm.

Bjornfot for the odd game here and their maybe, no reason to burn a year on his deal.

EDIT: One other thing, depending on when his season ends, maybe Turcotte signs and plays a few games, same for Kaliyev, either one could sign an ATO and play for Ontario as well.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
The best thing about a message board is you don't have to read it. If something offends you, skip over it. If something is getting old to you, skip over it.

I always think of message boards as a room full of people I am with. I don't think of it as some online contest to see who is right, or some kind of other competition. I don't think I've read many things (if any) on this board that would offend me if I heard it in person.

See, how can I know if something "offends" me if I don't read it. I wouldn't know until after I did so. Then it's too late....

That said, I wasn't offended, I was giving feedback. I could just as easily flip the tables and ask why the people I was responding to were so sensitive, etc.

It only took like 1000 "Gabe Villardi will never play again" type comments before I wrote something about it, so my sensitivity meter must be really sluggish.

Last edited:

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
It appeared to be more about some getting annoyed at the same boring jokes clogging up the thread, which I can fully agree with, rather than about the comments themselves being offensive. A good alternative might be to have a Vilardi news thread and a different thread for people to discuss how he will never play again and how they don't acknowledge him as a prospect. To be honest I wish this was already the case, because it would making finding those comments from this offseason stating that he will never skate again easier to find.

I think I'd rather have a "whinging about the past" thread first so that the Kings News and Rumors thread isn't taken up with 50 pages of what the Kings didn't do years ago, but that's just me.

RossLonsberryFan

Aug 28, 2019
Hope your right. Never understood where or how he got the back pain, certainly wasn’t from a hit or anything that I can recall.

Are you referring to why he was shutdown last December after only 4 AHL games? If so, I believe that he was shutdown for core muscle imbalance that time and not because of the original back injury. But the muscle imbalance is related to the original back injury.

As far as the actual back injury, it is my opinion that it was the result of overuse. Vilardi was only 17 years old when he initially injured his spine, and it was because he should not have been playing 67 games as a 16 year old when his body was going through a rapid growth spurt. His muscles couldn’t keep up with his growth in height and he put too much strain on his lower back as a result.

Again, my opinion.

Reactions: Sleeping Dog

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Fantastic to see Vilardi actually skating with the Reign. Obviously there is still a long ways to go before we can consider him 100% and ready to go, but it's a start, and a step in the right direction.
That’s good to see. He looks to be moving pretty well, so fingers crossed.

Reactions: RossLonsberryFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad