Proposal: Gab Vilardi for Carter Hart

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Flyers won’t trade Hart but first Vilardi has 23 career high points not 13. And why would the Kings trade for a goalie whose played 4 seasons in the nhl and has a career save percentage of .907? Knocking down players can go both ways.

I don’t want them to. But if a single person in their scouting staff thinks it’s a bad idea to trade Vilardi for him then they likely need to lose their job.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Sorry, you wouldn’t trade a 22 year old with 1 point this season and a career high of… 13 points for Carter Hart?! This is a new and impressive low for HF.
Career high of 13 points and 1 point this season ? Nice way to come up with stats in a ridiculous way and ignoring all kind of aspects.

He would have had 16 goals 35 points in a full season last year. You do know there was a shortened season ? All that after being out FOR MONTHS. Yes meanwhile he is a 22 year old yes. That happens if you miss 1,5 year of hockey.

He should be playing right now too. His AHL stats speak volumes, so was his performance last season. He should not be traded for Hart.

Vilardi is a full time NHL player. Your response is another low for HF, not mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: kinghock

Holy Slapshot

Feb 16, 2012
Icy Cold Catacombs
Career high of 13 points and 1 point this season ? Nice way to come up with stats in a ridiculous way and ignoring all kind of aspects.

He would have had 16 goals 35 points in a full season last year. You do know there was a shortened season ? All that after being out FOR MONTHS. Yes meanwhile he is a 22 year old yes. That happens if you miss 1,5 year of hockey.

He should be playing right now too. His AHL stats speak volumes, so was his performance last season. He should not be traded for Hart.

Vilardi is a full time NHL player. Your response is another low for HF, not mine.
I'm pretty sure his dad wouldn't be able to promote him better. Agree he's promising player by the way, but trade him for Hart?! Come on...

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK

13 was a small-screen typo. All due respect to Villardi (who i'd be into acquiring in a different deal) but nothing screams star about him and his PPG is down year on year. He'll probably be a perfectly good player and I get you're protective of him but you're comparing different class of player here. Carter Hart is well on track to becoming one of the best goalies in the world whereas Vilardi is a full time NHL player.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
13 was a small-screen typo. All due respect to Villardi (who i'd be into acquiring in a different deal) but nothing screams star about him and his PPG is down year on year. He'll probably be a perfectly good player and I get you're protective of him but you're comparing different class of player here. Carter Hart is well on track to becoming one of the best goalies in the world whereas Vilardi is a full time NHL player.
I dont want to talk about Hart actually but what is Hart exactly showing he is well on track to becoming one of the best goalies in the world ?

You get I am protective about Vilardi by showing some facts. Yet you come up with hyperbole about Hart. You are the one who is protective about Hart, not me about Vilardi.

Reactions: kinghock

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
I dont want to talk about Hart actually but what is Hart exactly showing he is well on track to becoming one of the best goalies in the world ?

You get I am protective about Vilardi by showing some facts. Yet you come up with hyperbole about Hart. You are the one who is protective about Hart, not me about Vilardi.

I get that you like Vilardi and we like Hart. But in the grand scheme of things, Vilardi for Hart (straight up) massively favors the Kings.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I get that you like Vilardi and we like Hart. But in the grand scheme of things, Vilardi for Hart (straight up) massively favors the Kings.
The most annoying stuff is the false information you read about Gabe throughout this topic whether you like player A or B.

Give it some time. We could speak about this within 2 years.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
The most annoying stuff is the false information you read about Gabe throughout this topic whether you like player A or B.

Give it some time. We could speak about this within 2 years.

Both are still young. Not even in their prime yet.

We get the same stuff around Hart as well. He struggled last year, the Flyers are awful this year, so Hart must be the problem/part of the problem. Which couldn't be further from the truth.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
whatever happened to Peterson?

Nothing, but Petersen is 27, Quick is 36, and there's no real heir apparent in the system. Some guys with great potential like Parik, Ingham, Hrenak but nothing certain to align with the age of their blue chippers. Kings reportedly were trading up for Wallsteadt, so they know what time it is. I can see the thought process in chasing a young guy, minus the richard-measuring contest this thread turned into.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
A lot of pointless arguing in this thread due to the OP not addressing either team's needs. LA is not looking for a Carter Hart-type of goalie. We just signed Cal Petersen and Quick has had a resurgence of late. Some in LA would say we need a LHD, some would say we need a true game-breaking scoring winger...I would say, both would be nice. Unless there's something I don't know about Carter Hart, he's not either.

And Philly is not looking for an under-achieving young forward who, although still has good potential, isn't a proven NHL player yet.

No need to insult the other team's asset to simply say, the offer is not what we're looking for.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
From the sound of things, if the Kings were going after a goalie from the Flyers, they'd probably be more interested in someone further away, like Ustimenko or Ersson, who could step in as Petersen's backup if/when Quick decides to retire, and then potentially grow into a starter. We might have a more interesting and less contentious thread if we were talking about that. The Flyers, meanwhile, have our wagon hitched to Hart, and would only be justified in moving him for a much bigger name than we normally see as a return for a goalie.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Maybe it's time for Carter Hart to get out of Philadelpia. If the Flyers are serious about moving away from Giroux and the core, Vilardi is a good replacement for the future. Kings are stacked up front with Byfield, Fagemo, Turcotte, Kupari and could afford to lose Vilardi to get a potential #1 goalie.

Gabe Vilardi isn’t really an NHL player. He doesn’t have much value at all. He’s at the stalled prospect point of his career journey. Insane to think he’d fetch a 1G. Even a struggling g young one. He himself is very much a struggling young player that isn’t so young anymore.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Gabe Vilardi isn’t really an NHL player. He doesn’t have much value at all. He’s at the stalled prospect point of his career journey. Insane to think he’d fetch a 1G. Even a struggling g young one. He himself is very much a struggling young player that isn’t so young anymore.

Good thing Vilardi isn't being offered

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Good thing Vilardi isn't being offered
Doubt anyone is calling on a minor league guy. Vilardi… maybe worth a 3rd or 4th right now.

probably not an NHL caliber player/prospect. Kings have a good farm system. This guy isn’t really a part of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad