GDT: G9: Senators @ Avalanche - 10/27/24 @ 7:00 PM MST

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
That was a fun game. Closer than it needed to be though. Mitts is a really good player, yo. In person I got to appreciate it more. Colton also had a really solid game. Mack seemed pretty quiet, Makar too.

I missed mansons goal as I said before and then the wife wanted to leave a couple of minutes early to "avoid the crowds" so we left after the empty netter. So I missed ottawas last goal too.

One underrated thing I liked about tonight was playing a team like Ottawa there are basically no away fans, or very few. So when they scored the place didn't erupt like it does when Chicago are in town. I hate those games. They feel like away games sometimes. f*** that team and that God awful franchise. I hope bedard gets a heavy head cold.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I hope one of the reporters asks Bednar why he swapped the top two lines and top two D pairings when we were firmly in control of the game leading 2-0 and had sustained pressure shift after shift in the Sens zone.

I’m still perplexed by that decision.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I hope one of the reporters asks Bednar why he swapped the top two lines and top two D pairings when we were firmly in control of the game leading 2-0 and had sustained pressure shift after shift in the Sens zone.

I just finished watching the game and was going to offer my thoughts but you've been beating the drum on my biggest thought.
1. If the Sens actually managed the comeback, the L should have been tagged on Bednar and not Justus. Bednar took it upon himself to single handedly change the feel of a game we were controlling.
2. I finally realized that Kovy is reminding me of Lehky. Just stout defensive play and you can see the tantalizing offensive instincts. I'll be extremely happy if he's a 3rd line Lehky, but honestly, it's not that far fetched that he could be a good third wheel on a second line playing that Lehky role.

Reactions: Avs9296

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Wonder if Lehky is an option for tomorrow night, since I imagine he'll see the doctor during the day. If he gets the all clear he's well practiced and ready, would be nice to have some fresh legs in the lineup on the b2b.

They actually did ask him. He said he didn't like the way the Top line was playing, particularly in execution. Felt like they had times of getting a bunch of pressure but didn't actually capitalize or turn it into the chances they should. And then said Girard was having a really strong game while Cale/Toews were struggling at times so he flipped them as well.

He also said he actually thought we weren't very good particularly offensively. Lacked execution and even though we carried the play at times with sustained pressure, they should have had better chances and looks then what they were doing essentially.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We are moving goalposts now as the original question was understood as Mitts right now or ‘22 Kadri.

Either way, your question should be Kadri+Byram or Mitts.
Ok well, my question was just a simple Kadri vs Mitts as a 2C. We don’t have to complicate it like brining up value and stuff. Obviously Byram+Kadri have more value than Mitts

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
If healthy (lul) i'm really liking our forward depth.

Just have to pray Kahkonen can provide solid goaltending.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Interesting quote…

Bednar is asked if he’s excited by Mitts doing so well with the line he has and the fact that he could be playing with guys like “Val, Drouin, and Lehky” soon.

Bednar responds “those guys have been really strong for us, Kovy O’C with him, but it’s a different ball game when you start to add guys like Drouin, Landy, Val, Lehky.”

The question didn’t include Landeskog; Bednar chose to insert him in the response and suggest he can be part of that group soon.

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
Mitts. Kovy. Colton.

Damn good jobs.

When we get back to health and full strength I'm feeling really f***ing good about our potential to go reeeeally far here.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
How is Chris Wagner looking for you guys? One of my favourite journeymen. Has some of the best hitting highlights you'll find. Happy to see him back in the league, even if it's maybe just temporary with all the Avs forwards currently missing.

Bonzo19

Nov 3, 2011
One hair looking to the left, one hair looking to the right

1730112441808.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad