GDT: G8: Wild @ Flyers | 12PM

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Another silver lining to this is that we had Carter in the booth instead of Walz

Reactions: Slotski

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I think Zucc can afford to do whatever he wants, he's on pace for 80 points on a 4M salary. He's been 15 years in this league, knows he shouldn't do what he did there, but this time he just didn't give a crap. And I'm fine with that.

A lot of guys didn't play well today, including Gus.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I think Zucc can afford to do whatever he wants, he's on pace for 80 points on a 4M salary. He's been 15 years in this league, knows he shouldn't do what he did there, but this time he just didn't give a crap. And I'm fine with that.

I don’t care how many years he's played or what his #@$!ing pace is....him not giving a crap and doing what he wants isn't good leadership. Team comes first, and he made a selfish mistake.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

At least you can admit he made a bad, selfish play. That's a decent step forward.

Reactions: AKL

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I don’t care how many years he's played or what his #@$!ing pace is....him not giving a crap and doing what he wants isn't good leadership. Team comes first, and he made a selfish mistake.
He knows very well what he did, and this time he couldn't care less about leadership. That guy pissed him off, and he decided to take him down. Hynes called it emotions...let's move on.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
They also took one assist away from Kaprizov, just to salt the wound.

Now he's not alone at the top of the scoring race anymore.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
He knows very well what he did, and this time he couldn't care less about leadership. That guy pissed him off, and he decided to take him down. Hynes called it emotions...let's move on.
I appreciate you as a poster as well as a Zucc super fan, I like Zucc more than the majority of other people here (he's a steal at his contract).... but dude, while he didn't lose us this game (gus and D are responsible), he did singlehandedly ruin the chance of a comeback win. You can admit that

Last edited:

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Oh bother, I actually kind of like what Zucc did there. Lord knows we’ve seen what happens on the other end of the spectrum; getting bullied and pushed around.
Plenty of other things that need to be addressed before that play.
Such is life we move on :)

Reactions: Webster

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Good to see how every Wild player on the ice stepped up to help Zucc. Look at Boldy, I always thought he's a soft player who wants to avoid conflict, not anymore.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Can't remember what the actual call was, but hooking on them + slashing on us + roughing minors on each was the right call. So even if they blew the call, the result was correct.

Foligno is incorrect. If Zuccarello keeps a level head, we have a 6 on 4 to tie the game, and that is the fact of the matter. Very subpar situational awareness.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Can't remember what the actual call was, but hooking on them + slashing on us + roughing minors on each was the right call. So even if they blew the call, the result was correct.

Foligno is incorrect. If Zuccarello keeps a level head, we have a 6 on 4 to tie the game, and that is the fact of the matter. Very subpar situational awareness.

That's your opinion. I agree with Foligno, Laughton should also get a penalty because he started to mess with Zucc which led to the scrum. Btw Hathaway got a $5,000 fine.

I see Zucc as more of a leader (and I'm sure his teammates do as well) because he's not afraid to confront them. He basically said screw the PP, nobody should push us around like that. Even Hynes didn't have a problem with it, he was more worried about Zucc in the middle of that scrum.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Nonsense, Zucc acted like a hormone laden teen who couldn't control his actions. He took the retaliation penalty at an absolutely critical point in the game, negating a PP, and a chance for his team to win the game. That is not the action of a leader, but a classic example of a selfish, mistimed penalty.

I do think that Zucc is a positive force for this team, on the whole, and does far more good than harm. This incident goes against his usual behavior. Usually his poor judgement is reserved for careless passes which lead to turnovers, or poor defensive play.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
That's your opinion. I agree with Foligno, Laughton should also get a penalty because he started to mess with Zucc which led to the scrum. Btw Hathaway got a $5,000 fine.

I see Zucc as more of a leader (and I'm sure his teammates do as well) because he's not afraid to confront them. He basically said screw the PP, nobody should push us around like that. Even Hynes didn't have a problem with it, he was more worried about Zucc in the middle of that scrum.
I agree. Laughton with a rough and Zucc with a slash and rough and the result is the same.

If Boldy or Rossi or any other young offensive player that you're threatened by would done this, you'd be the first to call it immature.

Also, that was an incredibly soft "push" and the thing only escalated after the Zucc slash back, because he wildly overreacted.

"Screw the PP (and screw the possibility to tie the game because I got pushed a little bit and my feelings are hurt)" is such wild bullshit to try and twist into a positive just because he's your guy. The game was a complete train wreck from the start, but we still had a chance to salvage it, until we didn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad