GDT: G6: Wild @ Panthers | 5:30 PM CT

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I wouldn’t touch a thing with this team currently , they are cruising and putting points in the bank. Ohgren is getting paid , getting time on the ice and getting to win and feel good about contributing. Just let it be for a while.

Reactions: BagHead

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I think he has gotten the puck quite a bit for his opportunities, he looks to be holding his own for the most part but needs to learn what works still. Team is winning and he isn't hurting us, I personally think its fine for development.

Great road victory, played them really well containing most of their threats and capitalized on our chances. On to the next one!

This is where I'm at. If he was just rotting in the pressbox then I'd say send him down to play.

He's not standing out (good or bad) in the NHL, but none of the bottom-6 is imo.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
I think he has gotten the puck quite a bit for his opportunities, he looks to be holding his own for the most part but needs to learn what works still. Team is winning and he isn't hurting us, I personally think its fine for development.
I don’t think he’s hurting the team, just fights the puck every time it’s on his stick. Also weak on his skates. Think it would buy him some time to get more comfortable.

Not of the opinion that it’s ruining him but I think they are going to need him at some point this year and would be a little better prepared for when that happens.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I wouldn’t touch a thing with this team currently , they are cruising and putting points in the bank. Ohgren is getting paid , getting time on the ice and getting to win and feel good about contributing. Just let it be for a while.
Bottom 6 hasn't be particularly effective. I'd gonFoligno marat and Ohgren see if you can get scoring that isn't driven by personal effort if KK, Boldy or JEE.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Gus with another stellar performance, .960%, Johansson had a real good game with a goal, +2, 4 shots and a hit.
Middleton with 3 assists, +3 and 3 blocked shots was also very good.
I like it, I love it, on to the next one.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I like Lauko, Marat, Ohgren. Really fast, potential for a bit of offense, and just physical enough. Ohgren is still figuring things out, but I am of the opinion that he is better off up here playing with and against NHL'ers than being in the NHL. I think he is strong enough to not get abused, but just has to adjust to the speed of the game. Doesn't mean that he can't go down to Iowa later on, whether it's to play higher up the lineup, or because of injuries at other positions.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Foligno/Hartman/Ohgren is what I'd try first.

That's fair, Hartman didn't play tonight so he wasn't in my calculus.

But either of

Foligno-Hartman-Ohgren

Or

Foligno-Marat-Hartman I'd be fine with.

Trenin is terrible, and Freddy can Center the 4th

Wabit

May 23, 2016
That's fair, Hartman didn't play tonight so he wasn't in my calculus.

But either of

Foligno-Hartman-Ohgren

Or

Foligno-Marat-Hartman I'd be fine with.

Trenin is terrible, and Freddy can Center the 4th

I don't think MaratK offers much of anything to the team. He goes fast and that's it. He's not a scoring threat, a meh passer, doesn't win FOs, and not physical.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
i think marat will be, just needs more time. JEE took 5 years to be the player he is.

JEE was a willing shooter, physical, and quality in the d-zone. I don't see him as a good comparable at all to MaratK.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I don't think MaratK offers much of anything to the team. He goes fast and that's it. He's not a scoring threat, a meh passer, doesn't win FOs, and not physical.
Hard disagree.

I see a lot about his game I like. He's 22. Defensively he is solid. JEE didn't win faceoffs til this year. Didn't score for shit until he was 25 or 26. Koivu the same (except the faceoff part. Always killed it on the draws).

He's had a number of food offensive plays that just missed mark. He's got good middle six written all over him IMHO. Just depends on when he gets the chance. Maybe it won't be this year, but I'm confident he gets there.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Hard disagree.

I see a lot about his game I like. He's 22. Defensively he is solid. JEE didn't win faceoffs til this year. Didn't score for shit until he was 25 or 26. Koivu the same (except the faceoff part. Always killed it on the draws).

He's had a number of food offensive plays that just missed mark. He's got good middle six written all over him IMHO. Just depends on when he gets the chance. Maybe it won't be this year, but I'm confident he gets there.

Honest question would you rather have Connor Dewar or MaratK right now.

I'd take Dewar everyday, and I only consider him as a fringe NHLer at his best.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Honest question would you rather have Connor Dewar or MaratK right now.

I'd take Dewar everyday, and I only consider him as a fringe NHLer at his best.
In the lineup playing today as 4C, Dewar. Granted I was a big Dewar fan, and didn't like dumping him.

Because then Marat would be playing 1 or 2 C in the AHL with power play time as opposed to 4th line here.

That doesn't mean I don't think Marat couldn't rise to the occasion up the lineup now or that Marat has the better 3 year outlook.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Dewar is so overrated around here. Marat will be the better player by spring if he isn’t already. And his upside is much higher than Dewar’s ever was

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Finally home from work. Watching that Rossi goal, he truly is just a mini Eriksson Ek.

Dewar is so overrated around here. Marat will be the better player by spring if he isn’t already. And his upside is much higher than Dewar’s ever was
Been saying that for a year or two now. Completely agree with everything said here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad