Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
Gus gets a Bork!
giphy-downsized.gif

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I am just going to chill and assume that everyone knows they need to play better. I like Fantilli and Johnson.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Had to catch highlights. From what I saw, Gus looked solid, Boldy was finding a lot of space to get shots off in, Trenin didn't look great, JEE is JEE and does awesome JEE stuff, our to-4 defenders were a bit rough defensively. Is that all accurate? Anything else you all noticed or found interesting?

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
It was fun, man those guys are moving at center ice. But when the puck gets to the front of the net, you are constantly looking at the big screen straight above you. Sight lines are terrible. Ideally 8 To 10 rows up would be awesome. But if you get the chance to sit there once. DO IT! I was amazed at all the stuff they keep track of. Saw one of the guys write down National Anthem 7:03. They keep track of everything. Everything is documented.
Yep, 100%. For watching a game it isn't ideal, you can't see a good quarter of the ice (and that's when the players are not standing up). But from a pure experience it was AWESOME

Reactions: Sweetnut

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Had to catch highlights. From what I saw, Gus looked solid, Boldy was finding a lot of space to get shots off in, Trenin didn't look great, JEE is JEE and does awesome JEE stuff, our to-4 defenders were a bit rough defensively. Is that all accurate? Anything else you all noticed or found interesting?
Johansson was good, also. A lot of other players not so much.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Sat in the club level and had a really good team catching up with friends and family! Probably spent more time talking with them than actually watching the game, ha!

Couple takeaways, surprised our defense looked so shoddy. Turnovers galore and quite a bit of hesitation; hindered even more so by slow support/play.
Gus was great, happy to see him so calm in net. Hopefully he keeps it up.
Boldy is going to do something special this year.

But here’s some pictures from the game, will try uploading some video too:

IMG_1806.jpeg
IMG_1804.jpeg

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Sat in the club level and had a really good team catching up with friends and family! Probably spent more time talking with them than actually watching the game, ha!

Couple takeaways, surprised our defense looked so shoddy. Turnovers galore and quite a bit of hesitation; hindered even more so by slow support/play.
Gus was great, happy to see him so calm in net. Hopefully he keeps it up.
Boldy is going to do something special this year.

But here’s some pictures from the game, will try uploading some video too:

View attachment 915102View attachment 915103

Great view. Club level is where I look for seats first when I am going to a game.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Zucc with the GWG, that's good enough for me.

I think Zucc was actually trying to pass to Ek but the shot changed direction from a Jackets' stick. Or at least the initial shot wasn't going towards the net.

Of course all goals count the same, but they were definitely passing a little too much on that powerplay

Reactions: Sweetnut

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I promised i would bite my tongue, but what the hell. Fans are supposed to be irrational, right?

Bad
Middleton (capped it off with his penalty at the end of the game)
Trenin
Gaudreau on the PP
Breakaways

Good
Boldy
Johansson
JEE

Almost Good
Kap
Zucc

Meh
Everyone else

I was especially struck by how poor the 3rd line was. Hartman looked ineffectual, Foligno clumsy, Trenin...slow, with zero puck skills. Lauko also seemed to disappear against determined competition.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I promised i would bite my tongue, but what the hell. Fans are supposed to be irrational, right?

Bad
Trenin
Gaudreau on the PP
Breakaways

Good
Boldy
Johansson
JEE

Almost Good
Kap
Zucc

Meh
Everyone else

I was especially struck by how poor the 3rd line was. Hartman looked ineffectual, Foligno clumsy, Trenin...slow, with zero puck skills. Lauko also seemed to disappear against determined competition.
If things continue, I think it’s totally fair to criticize. We’ll see!

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

Bad
Trenin
Gaudreau on the PP
Breakaways

Good
Boldy
Johansson
JEE

Almost Good
Kap
Zucc

Meh
Everyone else

It seems to me that this is just a review of a single game, and nothing more. I wouldn't say that's irrational as long as it's not projected out beyond that single game scope. I appreciate the insights, and will take them for what they are.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Nobody on the third line is great with the puck on their stick. That’s one of those things that Rossi really contributed to the overall dynamic of that line. Hartman on the top line is the inverse. He could let Kap and Zucc handle the puck and he just needs to be ready to shoot and provide a physical presence.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we see guys like Khusnutdinov or Gaudreau elevated to the third line soon.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I like Rossi a lot, but I think JEE is a better fit if they want to keep Zucc & Kap together.

Also think Marat will steal a Top 9 spot sooner than later. Smarts and speed are both continually impressive

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
Not a good game from the first line and especially Rossi. He doesn’t have a very long leash sobhe better get going soon. Chasing pucks all game long. I still think that line can work, but they have to show it soon. The wild absolutely need to have two consistent scoring lines at 5v5 if they want to get anywhere meaningful this season.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I think they're looking to trade Rossi, he just doesn't fit anywhere on this team. But it's one game, I don't see any line changes yet.

I think Zucc was actually trying to pass to Ek but the shot changed direction from a Jackets' stick. Or at least the initial shot wasn't going towards the net.

Of course all goals count the same, but they were definitely passing a little too much on that powerplay
You think wrong. The PP goal was a one-timer on a pass from Boldy, deflected in by goalie's skate. Ek was in front, but he didn't touch the puck.

Hynes thought the PP was great, with a lot of movement. I agree with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad