G Malcolm Subban (2012, 24th overall, Boston)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Would be stupid not to actually... #1 Murray and #32 Subban would be a very good technical draft by addressing team needs.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008

So did you like my two picks????

Alot of people are saying that Edmonton will select Henrik Samuelsson with there 2nd round pick. When I feel they need a D more then another foward. I know H.S would is a character foward wich any team would be lucky to get but they need a D before that.

So those two pick would be amazing for Edmonton *Yakupov and Thrower

If they do go after Murray or Trouba, then Edmonton should trade down. I would never pick Murray at first when he should eb available at 4th overall.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Alot of people are saying that Edmonton will select Henrik Samuelsson with there 2nd round pick. When I feel they need a D more then another foward. I know H.S would is a character foward wich any team would be lucky to get but they need a D before that.

If they do go after Murray or Trouba, then Edmonton should trade down. I would never pick Murray at first when he should eb available at 4th overall.

He should?

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011

Why would you never pick Murray with the 1st overall? He's already proven he can play with NHL players and is a top pairing guy which you guys need. Your team is already stacked with young top 6 potential.

Blue Suede Shoes

hound dog
May 5, 2012
I'll be honest here. I would be shocked if Subban was available at 32. If he is there, though, it would be very wise to grab him imo.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0Ix_zT56Xo

just saw this and thought it was intersting, malcolms interview with the florida panthers

Came here to post this. Great interview, genuinely sounds like a very passionate great guy. I already know he'll be an NHL goaltender to some degree, he just has it in his demeanor and bloodlines. Would love for the Leafs to draft him with our early 2nd and have a little sibling rivalry among storied rivals (Canadiens & Leafs) for years to come. Being a Toronto boy born & raised, I'm sure he'd love nothing better than to don the blue and white :nod:

Yossarian54

Oct 12, 2011
Perth, WA
If one of Vasilevski, Subban or even Dansk is available at #32, then I think they should seriously consider it. Dubnyk is certainly better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick, but the 'hit rate' for goalies is not amazing.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
If one of Vasilevski, Subban or even Dansk is available at #32, then I think they should seriously consider it. Dubnyk is certainly better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick, but the 'hit rate' for goalies is not amazing.
They need a guy with franchise potential, all 3 have it, one of them should be available... I'd be stunned if we're all gone at 32, but it's possible that they are..

gally2gally

Analrapist
Jan 19, 2011
kelowna
Came here to post this. Great interview, genuinely sounds like a very passionate great guy. I already know he'll be an NHL goaltender to some degree, he just has it in his demeanor and bloodlines. Would love for the Leafs to draft him with our early 2nd and have a little sibling rivalry among storied rivals (Canadiens & Leafs) for years to come. Being a Toronto boy born & raised, I'm sure he'd love nothing better than to don the blue and white :nod:

Ya seemed like a good guy, his comment about getting to worked up before games and loosing focus was really honest.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Admittedly I have not seen Subban play a game, but in some highlights of him he looks very stiff. Is this a fair assumption or were the highlights deceiving?

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Not a fan of the Bruins, but love them for making this pick, just for the troll factor :) It'd be crazy awesome if Malcolm manages to nab the #1 goalie spot in Boston while PK is Montreal's #1 dman.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Really like the kid. It's going be tough with Rask there though, who I figure is going to be Boston's #1 for the next 10 years.

As a B's fan, We'll see what happens. A lot can change over time. Possibly even Subban usurping the #1 spot in 4-7 years? Which would be the time that Rask is UFA age. Not a bad idea to grab a kid with potential to be a legit #1; depth is good to have, especially at that position.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
lol what a troll pick

that being said, should tampa have taken him instead of vasilevski?

CanadienKid25

Mar 28, 2010
I hate Boston even more now...and am I allowed to hate Malcolm as well now? The alcohol says a resounding " YES "

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad