G Kaapo Kahkonen (2014, 109th, MIN)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Not much talk about this guy.. Seems as though he is having a good rookie season in North America.

He is amongst the league leaders in alot of goalie stats, leading the league in shutouts, was named a AHL Allstar and has won some awards though out the season(player of the week, goaltender of the month, etc etc)

Does he have potential to become a #1 goalie in the NHL?

Does all the things you look for on and off the ice, he's projecting as one for sure.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How does he factor into the goalie plans in Minnesota? They have two veterans NHL goalies. Could he break into that mix in the next season or does he have to wait his turn further?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
How does he factor into the goalie plans in Minnesota? They have two veterans NHL goalies. Could he break into that mix in the next season or does he have to wait his turn further?
If it were up to me, Neither Dubnyk or Stalock would ever play another game in a Wild jersey. Kahkonen is ready to play games in the NHL. Preferably with a solid veteran 1B type to help ease him in.

Reactions: Ana Crusis

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He will be given every opportunity to win a job in camp, I would think. The screwed up off season might hinder those plans, but I can definitely see him getting at least 10 games in the 20-21 season, and being handed the reins in 2021-22 if he looks alright. Dubnyk's contract will be done at the end of next year, and Stalock is not a starting goalie.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
He would ideally be given a backup role for a year or two. The priority this summer will be finding somebody whose capable of playing 50 games and posting ~.915 over those 50 games. Goalie that we acquire shouldn’t be a long-term solution unless management is convinced that Kahkonen isn’t a potential starter.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
He would ideally be given a backup role for a year or two. The priority this summer will be finding somebody whose capable of playing 50 games and posting ~.915 over those 50 games. Goalie that we acquire shouldn’t be a long-term solution unless management is convinced that Kahkonen isn’t a potential starter.
Guerin doesn't need to find a long term solution this summer, but if one presents itself, he should jump all over it.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Guerin doesn't need to find a long term solution this summer, but if one presents itself, he should jump all over it.
It depends on the long term solution, I think. I’m not a huge fan of locking any goalie up for more that 4 or 5 years just because of how unpredictable the position is, but if Murray was available for the right price I wouldn’t have any issue with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad