G Joni Ortio (2009, 171st overall, Calgary)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
This has been a good week for Ortio.

A few days ago he was named as one of the Western Conference goaltenders for the 2015 AHL all-star game and on the 8th he was recalled to the Flames with Ramo suffering what is speculated as a minor concussion. Flames fans are speculating that he may make his first appearance of the season Saturday against the Canucks in Vancover as it is the 2nd half of back to back games for the Flames and Hiller has been confirmed as the started for Friday's home game against the Panthers.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
He's been pretty amazing after a very poor start to the year.

If he continues to play as well as he has the last couple of months I think he'll be in the NHL with Hiller next year.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I'm kind of disappointed this never got bumped after last night.

10th career game, posts a 36 save shutout over division rival Vancouver.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Two games, one goal allowed. Btw, he speak really good English. One of the best I've heard Finnish player speak.

http://video.flames.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=11&id=727758&lang=en

His play has put the Flames in a bit of a bind. They're carrying three goalies for the moment. I think they'd like to send Ortio back down, but as long as he's playing well it will be difficult.

The Flames played like garbage until the third period last night. Ortio really held them in that game until they finally woke up in the third.

Frankly the Flames didn't really deserve to win either of their last two games - Ortio was a big reason why they were able to pull the wins out.

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
His play has put the Flames in a bit of a bind. They're carrying three goalies for the moment. I think they'd like to send Ortio back down, but as long as he's playing well it will be difficult.

The Flames played like garbage until the third period last night. Ortio really held them in that game until they finally woke up in the third.

Frankly the Flames didn't really deserve to win either of their last two games - Ortio was a big reason why they were able to pull the wins out.

Sounds familiar...

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Yeah I'm a believer. His style really does remind me of Kipper. Think he will be a good goalie for a long time in this league.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012

The moment Ramo comes off IR, Ortio has to be sent down unless another roster spot opens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad