G Jack Ivankovic - Brampton Steelheads, OHL (2025 Draft)

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Ravensbergen’s only advantage over Ivankovic is size. Ivankovic is the better goalie, but may not see as much NHL success because of the size differences.

Ravensbergen played last season under a stacked team and people I feel too many people are overreacting to a really hot start for one of the best teams in the country. I’m in wait and see mode for Ravensbergen to see how he does with a team that won’t be as talented this season.
Ravensbergen's team was stacked with one way forwards and rather weak in all other areas except goaltending. The Cougars defense was a joke and none of the forwards are known for a strong two way game. Riley Heidt may not even be able to spell words like "defense" or "backchecking". Playing goal behind such a team isn't easy. They allowed lots of quality chances. Ravensbergen beat out an 04 born NHL drafted goalie in his rookie season. I don't know when I last saw a rookie goalie entering the CHL with such dominant play. Maybe never. At times he seemed almost unbeatable when on top of his game. A few bad games don't change that. He's gonna be more consistent in his draft season.

Jack Ivankovic is a decent prospect in his own right but he's a far cry from Ravensbergen both in terms of upside and current level of play. I'd go as far as to say there's pretty much nothing Ivankovic does better than Ravensbergen.

With a good season I think Ravensbergen is likely to sneak into the 1st round of the NHL draft. I don't think that's a realistic scenario for Ivankovic.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
With a good season I think Ravensbergen is likely to sneak into the 1st round of the NHL draft. I don't think that's a realistic scenario for Ivankovic.
Don’t at all disagree with this. I know Ivankovic is going to fall on draft day if he doesn’t grow and that Ravensbergen will get attention from scouts due to his frame.

That being said, other than size Ivankovic is the better goalie.

MikeyS

Aug 28, 2023
High 2nd maybe late 1st.

This isn't an Askarov level talent and that's the last one that went top 10. He's not even at Wallstedt's level and he went around 20 IIRC.

probably Askarov/Cossa/Wallstedt/Knight range but he needs to do it over 40+ starts first

Two very different answers.

I think I trust @landy92mack29 more here. Obviously he has a lot to prove and goalies are voodoo but if he was at 6’4” with his athleticism and play recognition abilities, I would think he’d be in that tier, also.

@WeThreeKings what differentiates this player from those guys? What makes one better than the others and why if Ivankovic was 6’4” he wouldn’t be on par with them? I’m interested in your thoughts.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Two very different answers.

I think I trust @landy92mack29 more here. Obviously he has a lot to prove and goalies are voodoo but if he was at 6’4” with his athleticism and play recognition abilities, I would think he’d be in that tier, also.

@WeThreeKings what differentiates this player from those guys? What makes one better than the others and why if Ivankovic was 6’4” he wouldn’t be on par with them? I’m interested in your thoughts.

One thing would be the track record, what Askarov and Wallstedt were showing they were showing from early ages and were completely dominant in pretty much every stage, even playing up age groups.

The second piece would be that in the case of Askarov you are looking at a top percentile athlete at the goalie position. I've not seen that level of power in Ivankovic and I've not seen him ever really be that dominant in stretches where Askarov looked down right invincible whenever he played his age group.

Ivanovic looked good but I didn't see any trait that stood out as being completely elite. A great base to work with despite lacking the ideal size and he did enough to make the big saves when called upon, but I didn't find him overly tested, especially against a Hlinka competition that was pretty weak overall.

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Seems like a silly discussion. Where would Schaefer be drafted if he was 6’8? But he isn’t. He’s not close to that. Ivankovic isn’t close to 6’4. He is what he is. Seems like a pointless discussion, and not even one based off what he could be at the draft. Not like we’re talking about an inch or two difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $472.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Andorra vs Malta
    Andorra vs Malta
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $225.00