GDT: G:13 Wild @ Ducks 9pm (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I like what Shaw and Dewar bring to the team. Once Duhaime gets back, they'd be a pretty good fourth line. All three will drop the gloves, skate, and play pretty smart, and generally just try hard and put their bodies on the line.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Solid game, first period had me feeling deja vu from last night. Always good to see the Wild, and surprised but not surprised at the number of Wild fans in attendance.

I almost forgot.

Just want to let you guys know, when the Wild scored they played a remix of this song at the Honda Center.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Interesting how Kaprizov and Zuccarello scored almost the exact same 5-on-3 goal today as they did almost exactly one year ago on November 9th.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
How did Beckman look last night guys? Was happy to see him get into the lineup.

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
I know this is an anaheim thread, but instead of asking for trades, we should be asking for Iowa's coach and dean to be fired

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Kaprizov has reached such a high skill level that I legitimately can't tell if people are being serious or joking when they say things like this, anymore.
Last year he had 6 goals in the first 20 games (~24 goal pace) and finished with 47. Without the early "slump", he would have easily hit 50 last year.

Of course slumps don't only happen early in the season, but I don't think mild disappointment in a sub-50 goals season (assuming no injuries) is unreasonable. Anything more than mild disappointment? Probably excessive.

I know this is an anaheim thread, but instead of asking for trades, we should be asking for Iowa's coach and dean to be fired

What's wrong with Tim Army? Iowa callups seem to be doing alright relative to expectations.

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
Last year he had 6 goals in the first 20 games (~24 goal pace) and finished with 47. Without the early "slump", he would have easily hit 50 last year.

Of course slumps don't only happen early in the season, but I don't think mild disappointment in a sub-50 goals season (assuming no injuries) is unreasonable. Anything more than mild disappointment? Probably excessive.

What's wrong with Tim Army? Iowa callups seem to be doing alright relative to expectations.
I just feel much like Dean now, they don't develop skill players like Beckman.. Did you hear what Dean said about Beckman yesterday? He has developed grit in his game. Comments like this are irritating because you aren't supposed to be measuring player's like Beckman on grit

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
How did Beckman look last night guys? Was happy to see him get into the lineup.

Thought he looked kinda invisible for the most part. Had 2 shots and a couple good plays, but is clearly still behind where he needs to be for that spot full time. I didn't notice any glaring mistakes though, which is good.

Reactions: Eegs

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Kaprizov has reached such a high skill level that I legitimately can't tell if people are being serious or joking when they say things like this, anymore.

I think looking at his 47 from last year with a really slow start, and the very fast start from this year, has a lot of people (me included) thinking that 50 should be attainable.

Looking at his games 14-81 from last year, he had 44 in 68 games. This year he needs 40 in 69 games.

Obviously there's a lot of time left and his cold streak could come at another time of the season, but with 10 in 13 games, he has a pretty good start.

I know I won't actually be upset/mad/trade Kaprizov if he falls just short again, but mildly disappointed is a pretty apt term, given we all really want him to do it, and there's a reasonable chance he could.

Reactions: BagHead

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

If Kap scores ~45 goals, I still won't be disappointed in him. I won't be elated either, I'd just be fairly neutral in temperament. To be clear, I was being a bit flippant with my post. It was meant as a commentary on how crazy good Kaprizov is, that he's blended fantasy with reality.
But that would probably mean the Wild don't make the playoffs, because he's almost the only guy that can score. I know, Boldy scores too, but the most I expect out of him is roughly 30 this year.

Completely with you on Tim Army.

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.
Thought he looked kinda invisible for the most part. Had 2 shots and a couple good plays, but is clearly still behind where he needs to be for that spot full time. I didn't notice any glaring mistakes though, which is good.
I thought Beckman had a good game. Rossi was invisible.

Anything less than 50 goals this year will be mildly disappointing
Missing the playoffs would be a bigger disappointment.

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.
I just feel much like Dean now, they don't develop skill players like Beckman.. Did you hear what Dean said about Beckman yesterday? He has developed grit in his game. Comments like this are irritating because you aren't supposed to be measuring player's like Beckman on grit
So what are we measuring on then? We have enough guys poke checking and turning the puck over. Explain to me why you are smarter than a NHL coach.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad