1kecbw.jpg

Lets Go Wild

Reactions: Lapa and 57special

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Beckman to save the day?

Noticed that Dean only play Steel and Jost 8 min, giving Shaw and Dewar more than 5 min more. Dewar and Shaw weren't great, but they were ok, and had a couple of chances on net. At least they will get their noses dirty.

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Beckman to save the day?

Noticed that Dean only play Steel and Jost 8 min, giving Shaw and Dewar more than 5 min more. Dewar and Shaw weren't great, but they were ok, and had a couple of chances on net. At least they will get their noses dirty.

Once they lost Kap, Jost/Caramoosa didn't see the ice much 5v5 the rest of the game. They double shifted Boldy/Zucc and Steel filled in some sifted to give them an extra break.

Dewar and Shaw were the ones that showed they had a pulse so playing them more made sense.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Once they lost Kap, Jost/Caramoosa didn't see the ice much 5v5 the rest of the game. They double shifted Boldy/Zucc and Steel filled in some sifted to give them an extra break.

Dewar and Shaw were the ones that showed they had a pulse so playing them more made sense.
Steel played less than Jost's 8:49.

I do agree with them getting less time, especially Jost. The guy has played over 350 NHL games. It's pretty obvious that there's nothing there, there.

Haven't been a big fan of Beckman's play recently, but at this point, what is there to lose? At least you don't have to convince him to shoot the puck.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Steel played less than Jost's 8:49.

I do agree with them getting less time, especially Jost. The guy has played over 350 NHL games. It's pretty obvious that there's nothing there, there.

Haven't been a big fan of Beckman's play recently, but at this point, what is there to lose? At least you don't have to convince him to shoot the puck.

5v5 Jost had 6:28, Caramossa 6:07, Steel 8:40, Dewar/Kap/Shaw all had around 10:20. Dewar, Jost and Shaw all picked up 2-3 mins of PK ToI.

In the 3rd Jost/Caramoosa played 2 shifts, Steel 5, Dewar/Shaw 6, Rossi 7 (he was the extra 6v5 attacker).

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
At this point I am plotting how to trade Fleury for a 1st, and other tank'ish type plans.

I wish you the best, but Guerin decided he needed a full NMC for two years, so alas

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Once MAF realizes that MN is not the 113 pt. juggernaut that he thought, I think he'll be wide open to a move to a contender.

I hope you're right, but I think Fleury is more concerned about his family and not moving again, rather than playing for a contender. His family stayed in Chicago last year after we traded for him, and I remember reading it was very important to him to have stability if he continues to play in the NHL. I genuinely believe he is not going to be interested in relocating yet again.

Bee Holder

Jul 3, 2017
Montreal
Habs fan coming in peace! Hartman is in my pool but in my injury reserve. Will he be back playing tonight? (i.e. should I reactivate him?)

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Habs fan coming in peace! Hartman is in my pool but in my injury reserve. Will he be back playing tonight? (i.e. should I reactivate him?)

He didn't travel with the team on the roadtrip, so he's out at least until Sunday.

My guess is he's out until Dec/Jan.

Reactions: Bee Holder

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Zuccarello has 2 points and 6 PIMs in his last 7 games. And he hasn't passed the eye test either. When do we cut his opportunities? I think we need to try Boldy with Kaprizov and the FOTM center for a while, more than just loading the line in crunch time when we're losing.

Reactions: mezcal

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
I'd buy a Zegras jersey if I went a game in ANA. The kid is fun to watch.
Got his signature a couple weeks ago, I’m from Orange County haha. He is very fun to watch. Most of my family however is from Minnesota, been a wild fan my whole life. So my only chance to see them, is usually in Anaheim. I avoid LA.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Greenway out, injured again :laugh:

No, they call it precaution, don't want him to play back to back games. Beckman takes his spot.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Greenway out, injured again :laugh:

No, they call it precaution, don't want him to play back to back games. Beckman takes his spot.

I think this was the plan all a long. Play him one of the back to back games and sit him for the next. He still needs to get into game shape.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Eventually we have to face the music and realize we might not have the pieces we need to go on a run.

None of Dewar, Steel, Jost, Duhaime, Rossi, Beckman or Shaw have stepped up and shown they are bonafide Top 9 players. Maybe Shaw but that’s probably a stretch.

The Top 10 of this draft is loaded unlike anything I’ve seen and most of them are great fits for our core. I’m ok if we stink this year as long as we develop the young guys. I just don’t see us being a contender

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Eventually we have to face the music and realize we might not have the pieces we need to go on a run.

None of Dewar, Steel, Jost, Duhaime, Rossi, Beckman or Shaw have stepped up and shown they are bonafide Top 9 players. Maybe Shaw but that’s probably a stretch.

The Top 10 of this draft is loaded unlike anything I’ve seen and most of them are great fits for our core. I’m ok if we stink this year as long as we develop the young guys. I just don’t see us being a contender
Even with forwards not withstanding, I don’t see how you can win playoff series with all of Brodin, Spurgeon, Dumba, and Addison on one blue line. And they certainly don’t have the goaltending to do it either.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Even with forwards not withstanding, I don’t see how you can win playoff series with all of Brodin, Spurgeon, Dumba, and Addison on one blue line. And they certainly don’t have the goaltending to do it either.

What is the connection here? I can't pin down the reason you're saying we can't win with those guys on the blueline. I thought it was physicality but Dumba is fairly physical. Then thought defense but Brodin is (usually) good defensively. Just trying to understand here.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Did you expect any of them to be a top-9 player coming into the season? Rossi was the only one that was expected to more than a 4th liner. I guess management thought Jost would be too.

The team is fine if they fill the glaring hole at 1C. The rest of the lineup falls into place nicely when healthy.

Kap/1C/Zucc
Boldy/JEE/Greenway (Foligno)
Foligno (Greenway)/ 2 of Duhaime, Freddy G, and Hartman
3rd line leftover, and 2 of clones.

You can sprinkle some (quality) small guys in the lineup, but not have half the team be 5'10" or smaller and most of them are only AHL top line/pair quality.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
What is the connection here? I can't pin down the reason you're saying we can't win with those guys on the blueline. I thought it was physicality but Dumba is fairly physical. Then thought defense but Brodin is (usually) good defensively. Just trying to understand here.

I'm not seeing the connection either. Brodin and Dumba aren't small. Brodin and Spurgeon aren't bad d-zone. Addison isn't bad on the PP. Only 2 of them will be on the same pair.

None of them have great shots, I guess?

Reactions: AKL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->