Future "What if...?": Crosby's Final Years

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Montreal is years away from being a contender, if they ever get there. Why waste your time with them, when you're already on a losing roster? Colorado, Vancouver or the Rangers make more sense.
He 100% isn't going to another division rival and it's about 99.9% that he finishes up as a Lifetime Penguin IMO.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
McDavid doesn’t need Crosby riding his coattails. It’s over man…Crosby will forever rank behind McDavid in the all-time rankings. We don’t need to make up new fantasies to try and keep them close.

The most helpful thing Crosby can do for himself is to spend his entire career wearing one sweater. Sentimental fans love that shit and it’s worth more than desperately trying to win another Cup with the guy who came in, dethroned you, and reminded the world what a true generational player looks like.

You've become just as cringey of a Crosby hater as the Crosby fanboys you complain about.

The idea that McDavid would somehow say no to Crosby playing for the Oilers, which will very likely dramatically increase McDavid's chances of winning a cup, is just pure idiocy.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
What adds more to Crosby’s legacy?

Retiring with the team that drafted him, having played there his entire career

Or

Winning another cup with another team?

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
You've become just as cringey of a Crosby hater as the Crosby fanboys you complain about.

The idea that McDavid would somehow say no to Crosby playing for the Oilers, which will very likely dramatically increase McDavid's chances of winning a cup, is just pure idiocy.

Who said he would say no? I’m saying he doesn’t need him to win a Cup and that it is pure fantasy nonsense to imagine the scenario, which is the idea that was outlined in the post I originally quoted.

It’s the same tactic over and over with you Pittsburgh fans; you pick and choose which piece of the argument to jump in on, while hoping I forgot how the chain began.

• Wow
Reactions: sanscosm

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
There isn't anything more for Crosby to really accomplish. If he goes somewhere its because he wants to be there and because he finds something there he loves or wants to do. That's it.

If he goes somewhere else, it's for the passion of it. He's not chasing Cups like folks think. There's a lot more to him than that, especially now.

I can see him accepting a trade that he would only allow if it benefits the Pens. He's a team first guy and his loyalty is unquestionable. He IS the Pens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dialamo

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Who said he would say no? I’m saying he doesn’t need him to win a Cup and that it is pure fantasy nonsense to imagine the scenario, which is the idea that was outlined in the post I originally quoted.

It’s the same tactic over and over with you Pittsburgh fans; you pick and choose which piece of the argument to jump in on, while hoping I forgot how the chain began.

You responded to a post of "maybe Crosby would want to go to Edmonton to win a cup" with "McDavid doesn't need Crosby riding his coattails, Crosby will be ranked behind McDavid forever". It's completely unhinged nonsense.

The original claim was entirely fine, you're just making a clown out of yourself. Trying to gaslight everyone by saying "it's you Pittsburgh fans that are wrong!" just makes you look even more like a joke.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
You responded to a post of "maybe Crosby would want to go to Edmonton to win a cup" with "McDavid doesn't need Crosby riding his coattails, Crosby will be ranked behind McDavid forever". It's completely unhinged nonsense.

The original claim was entirely fine, you're just making a clown out of yourself. Trying to gaslight everyone by saying "it's you Pittsburgh fans that are wrong!" just makes you look even more like a joke.

No, I responded to: “3.) He can take some credit for helping Connor get his first Cup. They haven't won yet so if he comes and helps them win, then the narrative (rightly or wrongly) will always be "Sid taught them how to be winners!"

Next.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
That still has nothing to do with his legacy, which has already been defined and is more or less set in stone (a few things here and there could change it, but playing for the Habs is not one of them). Playing in Montreal will not change how the hockey world looks at him when he retires.

Backstabbed or exercised his rights as an unrestricted fee agent?

Maybe Crosby wants to "exercised his rights as an untestricted free agent" and come to Montréal

"Bu bu but it doesn't make sense!!1"

Maybe not to you, but to him yes?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
No, I responded to: “3.) He can take some credit for helping Connor get his first Cup. They haven't won yet so if he comes and helps them win, then the narrative (rightly or wrongly) will always be "Sid taught them how to be winners!"

Next.

I like how you think saying "Next" somehow invalidates how batshit unhinged your posts are here. Saying "Crosby can get some credit for helping McDavid win his first cup" has literally nothing to do with how the two rank in the long-run.

We get it, you hate Crosby. Why are you even in this thread?

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

Him saying McDavid doesn’t need Crosby riding his coattails is really masking fear of the reality that people will say, “McDavid needed Crosby”. Lots of overcompensating in his comments.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Seeing Crosby on the oilers would be a blast. Colorado would be fun too.

What id like to see: pens trade Crosby to EDM or COL at TDL - he gets his fix competing for a cup playing with superstars. Ideally Edmonton and they win a cup.

Then in offseason he comes home to MTL. Habs can pay him whatever he wants so he wouldn't have to take a paycut. Habs won't be a contender in 2025-2026 but they are up and coming and will be a playoff team even without Crosby.

Ideally Crosby signs for 2-3 years because if all things go right, Habs look poised be a very good team in 2026-2027 & 2027-2028. There's a cup or two somewhere in that timeframe with Crosby playing for the Habs

Reactions: waitin425

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Him saying McDavid doesn’t need Crosby riding his coattails is really masking fear of the reality that people will say, “McDavid needed Crosby”. Lots of overcompensating in his comments.

Overcompensating? I responded directly to a point made by someone else. You can’t all be this slow.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013

Next.
Crosby wont go to edmonton. Thats Gretzky n now mcdavids team just like the pens are lemieuxs and crosbys team. Same wsy I did not like lebron going to the lakers

Reactions: Video Nasty

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Overcompensating? I responded directly to a point made by someone else. You can’t all be this slow.

Ah yes the “everyone else is the problem” defense

Maybe if you weren’t being so f***ing condescending in every post, people would not be calling you a clown. Probably still would though.

McDavid doesn’t need Crosby riding his coattails. It’s over man…Crosby will forever rank behind McDavid in the all-time rankings. We don’t need to make up new fantasies to try and keep them close.

The most helpful thing Crosby can do for himself is to spend his entire career wearing one sweater. Sentimental fans love that shit and it’s worth more than desperately trying to win another Cup with the guy who came in, dethroned you, and reminded the world what a true generational player looks like.

I just wanted to remind everyone what you said.

Are you too slow to see why people think you’re a clown?

Next.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Crosby wont go to edmonton. Thats Gretzky n now mcdavids team just like the pens are lemieuxs and crosbys team. Same wsy I did not like lebron going to the lakers

Yet ... LeBron did go to the Lakers, lol. You don't have to like it, just if he's gonna look at other locations, playing in Canada for once in his career at the NHL level might be something appealling to him. Helping to break Canada's 30+ year Cup drought would be legendary too.

Even if he goes somewhere for a year or two, everyone and their grandma knows he would resign with Pittsburgh prior to retirement and end his career there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Ah yes the “everyone else is the problem” defense

Maybe if you weren’t being so f***ing condescending in every post, people would not be calling you a clown. Probably still would though.

I just wanted to remind everyone what you said.

Are you too slow to see why people think you’re a clown?

Next.

Ah yes, every poster with Penguins flair sniping with the personal attacks, yet I’m the one being condescending.

IMG_1934.gif

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003

This is about Crosby not McDavid. No one's saying McDavid needs Crosby to win a cup, calm down. It's about where Crosby might like to play to win another cup.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Love these main boards shit fights. 90% of posters agree (on this thread: "he's probably not leaving Pittsburgh, but if he does, it's probably to Colorado") ... And then 10% of posters, haters and lovers of the topical player and then usually some Habs fans sprinkled in, get into wild back and forths that devolve into flaming.

We're only missing some Russians to bring up Ovie, or God forbid Michkov, and dial the chaos up another level.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
This is about Crosby not McDavid. No one's saying McDavid needs Crosby to win a cup, calm down. It's about where Crosby might like to play to win another cup.

I didn’t bring McDavid into this. You can blame that on @Soundwave. As usual, if someone brings up a ridiculous premise and has a clear ulterior motive behind it, I’ll comment on it if I feel like it.

Reactions: TheLegend27

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I didn’t bring McDavid into this. You can blame that on @Soundwave. As usual, if someone brings up a ridiculous premise and has a clear ulterior motive behind it, I’ll comment on it if I feel like it.

I don't have any motive, lol, if he wants to move on and win another Cup for legacy sake, Edmonton would likely be an option.

He and McDavid play together in the summer on the same line and have for multiple years now (I think they skipped this year because of McDavid's wedding) according to MacKinnon they are so good together his team basically cannot get the puck even.

Wayne and Mario playing together at Canada Cup 87 is one of the greatest moments in modern hockey history and enhanced both of their legacies.

If Crosby could help end a 30+ year Cup drought in Canada, it would be the perfect book end to his career.

I'm just presenting a case. If you think Connor McDavid wouldn't want the Oilers to pursue Crosby if he were ever available and willing to come, you're nuts.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't have any motive, lol, if he wants to move on and win another Cup for legacy sake, Edmonton would likely be an option.

He and McDavid play together in the summer on the same line and have for multiple years now (I think they skipped this year because of McDavid's wedding) according to MacKinnon they are so good together his team basically cannot get the puck even.

Wayne and Mario playing together at Canada Cup 87 is one of the greatest moments in modern hockey history and enhanced both of their legacies.

If Crosby could help end a 30+ year Cup drought in Canada, it would be the perfect book end to his career.

I'm just presenting a case. If you think Connor McDavid wouldn't want the Oilers to pursue Crosby if he were ever available and willing to come, you're nuts.

That guy is just a nutso McDavid fanboy who hates Crosby, don't take it personally. It's an absolutely bizarre hill to die on to say that Crosby would be "riding McDavid's coattails" by signing with the Oilers and helping them win a cup. No matter how that guy tries to spin it, everyone else here realizes the guy is just being unhinged in here.

Reacting to "Crosby could get some credit for helping McDavid get over the hump and winning" with "McDavid doesn't need Crosby riding his coattails, Crosby will forever be ranked behind him" is just lashing out due to insecurity.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017

We’re going in circles. For the last time, I didn’t say that. I did say that McDavid doesn’t need Crosby riding his coattails. Two different things.

That guy is just a nutso McDavid fanboy who hates Crosby, don't take it personally. It's an absolutely bizarre hill to die on to say that Crosby would be "riding McDavid's coattails" by signing with the Oilers and helping them win a cup. No matter how that guy tries to spin it, everyone else here realizes the guy is just being unhinged in here.

Reacting to "Crosby could get some credit for helping McDavid get over the hump and winning" with "McDavid doesn't need Crosby riding his coattails, Crosby will forever be ranked behind him" is just lashing out due to insecurity.

No, I don’t hate Crosby. I just dislike how his fans have always exaggerated greatly about him. It has always been like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad