Value of: Future of Jonathan Drouin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
I feel like the shooting the puck could be confidence driven.

I think some teams like Colorado, Vegas, Tampa, Calgary and Toronto which could feel cap pressures will be open to giving him a 1 year deal on the cheap.

He should probably sign with a team where he will have less pressure on him.
nah. his wrist is f***ed

Krett Bulak

Jun 21, 2010
I'd resign him in Montréal for 3M$/1Y

We pay Mike Hoffman 4.5M$, Drouin is a better player than him for damn sure
This scares the shit out of me. Some people actually wanting this distraction back. I don't want him anywhere in a 500 km radius from our young team.

Reactions: abo9

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
This scares the shit out of me. Some people actually wanting this distraction back. I don't want him anywhere in a 500 km radius from our young team.

He's not living in my head rant free, I don't see him as a distraction.

A couple of dudes on this forum wake up in the middle of the night to hate him, they have a problem, not me

Reactions: Samhockey3

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
He’s a setup guy. Yes. Only 2 goals. But 27 assists in 59 games. He’s not remotely worth his existing contract. But there will be teams who are interested in a .5+ ppg winger at a discount.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Vinny Lecavalier bad after the Cooke slash? Rehab/surgery? or you think this is a permanent issue moving forward?
He said he had to change how he plays since the surgeries. He barely shoot, he has 69 shots on goal this season.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I think he's got at least 1 more NHL stop before Europe. But he'd probably have to go to a team with good coaching and leadership already in place.

Two teams that love reclamation projects are Carolina (Kotkaniemi, Pulujarvi, Deangelo) and St Louis (Vrana, Kapanen).

I could maybe see Colorado cause of Mackinnon.

Florida is another option, maybe they'd view him as a dollar store Huberdeau.

Vegas is my final guess. He'd likely come cheap and capped out teams like that need all the help they can get. I would've said Tampa as well for that reason, but he's burned that bridge already.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Jonathan Drouin's contract of 5.5M$ for 6 years is now over. During that time, he has only been able to score over 50 pts once. In the past four years he has missed a significant amount of games either due to injuries or mental issues.

His time with Montréal is most likely over, I don't see Hughes offering him a new contract since we're going to give all the room to the young kids to develop.

I personally don't believe he can be effective on a top line anymore, he is a perimeter player whose only remaining skill is passing but has little to no creativity with the puck anymore. He's definitely not the kind of player you'd want on your bottom 6 either, he's neither physical nor defensively responsible.

So, with that in mind, is there any future for Jonathan Drouin in the NHL? Would there be any team interested in giving him a 1x1 sort of contract?

It's also worth mentioning that it's also a possibility that Drouin simply retires. This is what I believed would happen at the end of his contract considering his personal issues but at the end of the season interviews on Friday he expressed his desire to continue playing.

So, what happens next with him?

View attachment 689275
Retire or Euro leagues. Doubt Drouin gets PTO offer

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
Colorado minimum salary + performance bonus
In Colorado he will play with Mackinnon
Colorado will have two balance team
(without Landeskog)
Drouin Mackinnon Nichushkin
Lehkonen Newhook Rantanen

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
I dont see him in Colorado at all

Mackinnon is a guy who pushes all his group and seems very focused into winning , Drouin is like the opposite of that

Hes not a player you want around when its time to try to build a winning team

Slacker , soft , turnover machine , no shot

Could see him have a bit of "bounce back" season on a team with no playoffs aspiration

Reactions: MoneyManny

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Colorado minimum salary + performance bonus
In Colorado he will play with Mackinnon
Colorado will have two balance team
(without Landeskog)
Drouin Mackinnon Nichushkin
Lehkonen Newhook Rantanen

He’s not eligible for performance bonuses. They can only be included on entry level contracts or on contracts for players 35+

Reactions: banks

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
I'd resign him in Montréal for 3M$/1Y

We pay Mike Hoffman 4.5M$, Drouin is a better player than him for damn sure
The previous GM signed Hoffman to that contract, so the new GM is obligated to sign Drouin based on Hoffman's contract???? For the best of both, Jonathan Drouin and the Canadiens need to part ways. Jo could very well get an NHL contract for next season, but I think he'd be lucky to get half of what you are offering.

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
1 yr min with Colorado. THey will need depth with the cap crunch. Big Val once had a problem scoring then came to Colorado and turned himself around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad