GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Exactly. So best bet is to have 9 dmen and 4 goalies just to be safe. Then you're ready to acquire more

Yzerman thinking about his goalie situation this year...

1719960538305.png

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
it's so funny to me when people look at the contracts that have already been signed and say, 'i would have done that deal or that deal. wtf stevie?'

like, how do you think these negotiations happen? do you think that every agent in the business calls yzerman immediately before signing a contract and says, 'hey steve. this is the best offer we've gotten but we were wondering if you can match it? my client would even be willing to go a little less on the term or aav because he already got the red wings logo tattooed on the tip of his p*nis and it's going to be a long, awkward 5 years walking around another locker room with that thing hanging out. please get back to us at your earliest convenience, we're willing to wait until the last day of preseason to hear back from you.'
Ohhh I get it....you're assuming he was the top bidder on every single one of those deals and then the agent took that to all other GMs to see who'd offer a dollar more...

Now that makes the most sense

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Necas will extend for Canes and their roster will be:

Svechnikov - Aho - Jarvis
Martinook - Kotkaniemi - Necas
Carrier - Kuznetsov - Drury
Robinson - Staal - Fast
(B.Lemieux, Jost)

Slavin - Burns
Orlov - Walker
Ghost - Chatfield
(Coghlan)

Andersen
Kotchetkov

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
The Pinto signing is a good deal.. Glad he is no longer on "the market"

Does it effect Ray's contract value at all?

Don't think it has much of effect.

They are from different drafts, signing at different age, Raymond had 100+ games more, the production is at different levels and Ray will probably be signing longer term.

Stutzle, Boldy, Lafreniere are Raymond comparables. And Jarvis, Byfield, Lundell etc., if they sign first. All are unsigned.

Reactions: Zetterberg4Captain

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
yea, that's definitely what i said
"Like, how do you think these negotiations happen? do you think that every agent in the business calls yzerman immediately before signing a contract and says, 'hey steve. this is the best offer we've gotten but we were wondering if you can match it? my client would even be willing to go a little less on the term or aav because he already got the red wings logo tattooed on the tip of his p*nis and it's going to be a long, awkward 5 years walking around another locker room with that thing hanging out. please get back to us at your earliest convenience, we're willing to wait until the last day of preseason to hear back from you.'"

"Reeking of desperation is definitely the best way to conduct negotiations"

Are those not your words?

What exactly are you trying to say?

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
I’m just annoyed at this point. You’re either working on something Stevie and there should be some kind of damn leak or you should go press conference and explain yourself.

Like this cloak and dagger shit makes sense when there are assets out there to be cloak and dagger about.

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
"Like, how do you think these negotiations happen? do you think that every agent in the business calls yzerman immediately before signing a contract and says, 'hey steve. this is the best offer we've gotten but we were wondering if you can match it? my client would even be willing to go a little less on the term or aav because he already got the red wings logo tattooed on the tip of his p*nis and it's going to be a long, awkward 5 years walking around another locker room with that thing hanging out. please get back to us at your earliest convenience, we're willing to wait until the last day of preseason to hear back from you.'"

"Reeking of desperation is definitely the best way to conduct negotiations"

Are those not your words?

What exactly are you trying to say?
i made an obvious joke about how many people seem to have a profound misunderstanding about how these negotiations work. you appear to be one of them. you responded by implying that he should send out the highest bid to every free agent on the market, which reeks of desperation and is a terrible way to negotiate.

are you drunk today?

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
i made an obvious joke about how many people seem to have a profound misunderstanding about how these negotiations work. you appear to be one of them. you responded by implying that he should send out the highest bid to every free agent on the market, which reeks of desperation and is a terrible way to negotiate.

are you drunk today?
It was an obvious joke about how silly some people in here today seem to be...suggesting that SY and Detroit have to pay more, cap or term, on all deals.... when the only factual truth is...deals that were signed or not signed and the respective cap and term...

Every other point is hyperbole or worse...a lie

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I’m just annoyed at this point. You’re either working on something Stevie and there should be some kind of damn leak or you should go press conference and explain yourself.

Like this cloak and dagger shit makes sense when there are assets out there to be cloak and dagger about.
Go outside and get some sun/air. I think last year we traded for DeBrincat on like July 10th? I’m thinking we will have a trade here in a few days, I’d like to think we are just ironing out some details.

Until then we are just re-hashing the same 2-3 things.

I’m going to try to enjoy summer until we have something new to talk about. I don’t get that much good weather where I’m at, lol. Gotta enjoy it.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Pretty much every signing we have made is MEH! Not sure how we are even as good as last season, which was nothing to be that excited about roster wise.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
I really think some of you are freaking out a little too hard. We might be able to ice a 4th line that is actually a shut down line this year. We are returning Kane, Cat, Larkin, our 3 top scorers. We should get a little more growth from Ras and Ray. Berggren, if hes still here, can replace Sprong. Gustafsson replaces Ghost, a little less offense, a little better D. Gustaf will be on PP2 and Seider PP1 this year, that will boost Mo's offense and should help account for some of Ghost's production. We have the same D core with Ed replacing Walman, and if Ed improved just a little that's almost a wash. Talbot is an upgrade on Reimer. Shoot, he's an upgrade on Husso. We missed the playoffs by a point, offense wasnt the issue, team defense and goalie lapses were. I think we improved both of those overall. And there may still be something in the works.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I really think some of you are freaking out a little too hard. We might be able to ice a 4th line that is actually a shut down line this year. We are returning Kane, Cat, Larkin, our 3 top scorers. We should get a little more growth from Ras and Ray. Berggren, if hes still here, can replace Sprong. Gustafsson replaces Ghost, a little less offense, a little better D. Gustaf will be on PP2 and Seider PP1 this year, that will boost Mo's offense and should help account for some of Ghost's production. We have the same D core with Ed replacing Walman, and if Ed improved just a little that's almost a wash. Talbot is an upgrade on Reimer. Shoot, he's an upgrade on Husso. We missed the playoffs by a point, offense wasnt the issue, team defense and goalie lapses were. I think we improved both of those overall. And there may still be something in the works.
Some of this is right, but the division has improved a lot more. We have fallen behind. I could see us being last in the Atlantic

Reactions: RedHawkDown

Austrianwing

Apr 29, 2021
Some of this is right, but the division has improved a lot more. We have fallen behind. I could see us being last in the Atlantic
We are not contending with the contenders this season or the next. We could waste our future just to lose less badly next season, but that accomplishes nothing. There are a lot of arguments going on here positing that we are, or are not, building correctly for the future. The drama about feeling like we can't contend this coming season is just silly.
Last in the Atlantic means all of Buffalo, Ottowa, and Montreal jumping ahead. If that happens, I will be asking questions too.
Edit: Just to make this not a confrontational thing, maybe this improves your mood? pavel datsyuk rhits - Google Suche
there's a much better collection of Pavel's reverse hits out there but I could not find it after too many drinks in 104 degree weather

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad