GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

tabness

will play for 4 million 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
just getting caught up on the news... f lol

guess i need to change this picture

to be honest tough to match the term Nashville was giving for Stammer also sad how much cheaper Tampa could have kept him at lol

Reactions: Realgud

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
I thought the Roy deal was alright, considering the cap hit and his age. I think Boston and Washington are taking some massive risks. Washington in particular reminds me of us towards the end of our run.
Washington this year reminds me of the year Chicago attempted to "reload" with Fleury, Jones, Tyler Johnson, etc.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
This is the same feeling I had with Holland though. Like, I get not making any of the individual moves because they're crazy... but at the end of the day, you have to add. Especially if you're losing Ghost and Perron and Sprong and all sorts of other guys. You have to add something, because you're not just going to call up five rookies and call it a day.

GarlicbreadTB

Apr 16, 2015
This is the same feeling I had with Holland though. Like, I get not making any of the individual moves because they're crazy... but at the end of the day, you have to add. Especially if you're losing Ghost and Perron and Sprong and all sorts of other guys. You have to add something, because you're not just going to call up five rookies and call it a day.

Trades still a possibility perhaps.

Reactions: Winger98

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
I thought you want us to lose, why are you complaining?
Huh? No I just want consistency. If you stand pat during FA, you’re basically implying you’re gonna fill the all the holes on the roster with kids, therefore admitting it’s another rebuilding year and no plans to make the playoffs. But then at the same time, why bother signing Kane then? If we don’t plan to make the playoffs, should have just let him walk and aim for a high pick with the kids playing. Hard to see what Steve is trying to do here.

Reactions: RedWingzz

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
If we were signing any of these deals this board would be going ballistic.

Don't get carried away, look at what we are sitting with on our roster as of today.

DeBrincat-Larkin-Raymond
Ras-Compher-Kane
Fabbri-Copp-Veleno

Chiarot-Seider
Edvinsson-Petry
Maatta-Ted Lasso
Holl

Talbot
Husso
Lyon

I mean you have to call up Johansson and at least 3 of Berggren, Danielson, Kasper, Mazur, Soderblom (I guess) just to fill out a roster today, and if you do, you have gotten legitimately worse year over year. Now I know that more deals will be agreed to and we will have some more players come in, but also, who is out there that significantly improves the talent level of the roster?

It feels like we are setting up to make trades because we can't legitimately be moving forward with this roster and the bodies still available in free agency.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I know everyone's looking at how much offense we are losing if we don't bring back Ghost, Sprong, etc... scoring was never an issue for the most part. Maybe addition by subtraction in a few ways. We need to keep the puck out of the net also, more than improve or maintain the same level of offense.

Reactions: norrisnick
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Don't get carried away, look at what we are sitting with on our roster as of today.

DeBrincat-Larkin-Raymond
Ras-Compher-Kane
Fabbri-Copp-Veleno

Chiarot-Seider
Edvinsson-Petry
Maatta-Ted Lasso
Holl

Talbot
Husso
Lyon

I mean you have to call up Johansson and at least 3 of Berggren, Danielson, Kasper, Mazur, Soderblom (I guess) just to fill out a roster today, and if you do, you have gotten legitimately worse year over year. Now I know that more deals will be agreed to and we will have some more players come in, but also, who is out there that significantly improves the talent level of the roster?

It feels like we are setting up to make trades because we can't legitimately be moving forward with this roster and the bodies still available in free agency.
that roster is closer to the lottery than to the playoffs...this is depressing

Reactions: taliababa

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Where are we gonna make up the 100 points lost from our guys who hit FA?

25 more games from Kane = 25 points
Progress from Raymond = 10 points
Berggren assume more than 0.5 ppg = 42 points (had 6 last year in 12 games so call it 36 more points over a while season)
Simon Edvinsson = 30 points (2 last year, 28 points)

I believe that alone is 99 points.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Duclair May be the last decent option left up front

Joe Pavelski on a one year deal wouldn't be a bad thing. If we're just looking for offense, Tarasenko and Skinner.

Honestly, Ghost is the only one of that group that I look at and think, "yeah, we might miss the offense" but his D was awful. Replacing Perron and Sprong with kids, though, I think we come out on the positive side of that trade.

I wouldn't bet against Ed replacing the bulk of Ghost's offense and providing better defensive play, either.

It's also still a long summer with a lot of moves to be made.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI

DeBrincat-Larkin-Raymond
Ras-Compher-Kane
Fabbri-Copp-Veleno

Chiarot-Seider
Edvinsson-Petry
Maatta-Ted Lasso
Holl

Talbot
Husso
Lyon

Yzerman is kind of damned if you do damned if you don't at this point. Ya'll are either whining that he is doing noting, but if he signed 99% of any of these deals you would be whining that he paid too much and that contract is going to suck in a couple of years.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I know everyone's looking at how much offense we are losing if we don't bring back Ghost, Sprong, etc... scoring was never an issue for the most part. Maybe addition by subtraction in a few ways. We need to keep the puck out of the net also, more than improve or maintain the same level of offense.
but our D is worse now than it was last year...

Justin Holl and Petry are on our roster lol...surely thats how we'll keep the puck out of our net??

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
If we don't add somebody else, who do we think is on PP2? Edvinsson? Johansson?

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Who are these bum defenders lol.

Who the hell is Sheldon Dries and why is he getting two years.

Edit: Dumb me he's a winger and AHL to boot, panic averted.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad