GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
There’s a reason the Hurricane are letting Pesce walk. He’s already showing signs of wearing down some. Plus people have to realize, players aren’t signing in places just for the money.

I fully expect Roy could get more than $5.5, but maybe he too, will give some for term, preference, etc.

The Montour money is just stupid money Seattle will regret. He was sheltered some in Florida. You can’t have a Dman who needs to be sheltered making $7 million Vancouver, and now Seattle.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Because he still has a fantastic shot and would be one of the 3-4 best forwards on the team.

If somebody goes 6x6 that's one thing. But if Detroit could get him for something like 5.5x4 I'd be all over that.
That sounds like robbing Peter to pay Paul. You want the instant gratification of 34 year-old Stamkos while ignoring what impact his cap hit will have on this team when we approach our competitive window three years from now. Stamkos will fall off of a cliff at some point. My guess is that it occurs during the next four years (like most players). He improves us during the short term, but makes us worse when we really need him to make us better.

Did we learn nothing about older players during the Holland years?

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I don't know how you expect these bad defenseman to be gone if we don't add anyone who is clearly better.
yeah, I get that...but like, Matt Roy is not worth 6 million per year. I just don't think Yzerman should panic and sign another "good ol' Michigan boy" to an overpriced deal just beacuse

Like Montour is wayyyyyy better than Roy, Personally I would have given Montour more than Seattle just gave him. Of course there needs to be a desire by the player to sign, but if we give Roy over 5 million, I don't like it.

Pesce is way better than Matt Roy, so if we pay Roy more than Pesce, thats a bad look.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
This is really sick....

Senators once had imo, the NHL best kid center core in Stutzle, Norris, Pinto and Kastelic.

- Now, Norris could be injured for rest of the career (both shoulders) with 8-year 8M deal.

- Kastelic was just traded to Boston, because they got Ullmark, and wanted to get rid of Korpisalo's long deal.

- And Pinto is wanting out.

Poor Stutzle.

Detroit’s 1st in 2025 and 2027 unprotected for Stutzle.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
yeah, I get that...but like, Matt Roy is not worth 6 million per year. I just don't think Yzerman should panic and sign another "good ol' Michigan boy" to an overpriced deal just beacuse

Like Montour is wayyyyyy better than Roy, Personally I would have given Montour more than Seattle just gave him. Of course there needs to be a desire by the player to sign, but if we give Roy over 5 million, I don't like it.

Pesce is way better than Matt Roy, so if we pay Roy more than Pesce, thats a bad look.
Ok well they are off the table and it's possible Montour and Pesce just didn't want to come here.

Honestly I think Roy and Pesce are pretty comparable players. I preferred Pesce, but I would not be mad at Roy at all.

You are looking too much into the fact that he is from Michigan. Like DeBrincat, it might help us land him, but doesn't mean he is not good.

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
I might go to a few Nashville games this year if they land those three tbh. Stadium is electric regardless, I was shocked the first Wings/Preds game I went to because the crowd was borderline playoff atmosphere.

Reactions: 14ari13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad