GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
$9,161,835 - $11,452,294

11m is 2 1st. 1 2nd, 1 3rd.

Which for Mo 2 middle of the first round picks is a steal.
Ya you're right. I just have been looking at last year's compensation. I'd easily give up 2 firsts a 2nd and a 3rd for mo if I'm any other gm in the league

Hmm... see this, imo, is where you're not grasping. These guys can get hurt next season, sure they're rich but they left bread on the table.

Easy to say you'd sign a 12 million dollar deal without a 5 year 8 million dollar deal infront of you. (which his agent as a RFA could easily get in front of Seider) It's not like a real comparison. If Red Wings pulled that 2 year offer, his agent can get a better one as a RFA.

I very much understand that. But players do sign bridge deals still. It's just not as common. I guess we shall see what happens

Reactions: Snuggs

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Any chance Stevie is waiting on free agency to determine Seider/Raymond deals being long term or bridge? Or is that dumb?
No, this is because these negotiations tend to be super long unless its the Matthews/McDri type players where you're going to at or near the league max.

jaster

Future Inconsiderations
Jun 8, 2007
Where’s the confirmation on Kane?? What’s the AAV?? Inquiring minds want to know!

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
My fear is that if they don't give Mo a good offer there are a lot of teams that would be happy to give up 2 firsts, 1 second and 1 third to yank Mo from us and it would be highway robbery. Like if I were the GM of the Kraken I would be thinking about offering him a 11.4x7 year offersheet tomorrow.
Ahh, I see. What's better than the fires of negativity? Adding KEROSENE to the fires of negativity.

Let me guess: newborn puppies are all secret carriers of rabies and sunsets on the beach give you headaches.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Ahh, I see. What's better than the fires of negativity? Adding KEROSENE to the fires of negativity.

Let me guess: newborn puppies are all secret carriers of rabies and sunsets on the beach give you headaches.
In the context where 6x2 was floated I think there’s a legit fear a team like Seattle offer him 11x7 and either Detroit matches and pay way more than they would have or they lose Mo for what amounts to nothing.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
I’d do 5 years for Stamkos at 4.75M if all he wants is 4-5M. Idk how much term he wants though
Who cares. Give him 7 and bury him on ltir after 4 years

How old is Stamkos again? I can never remember. I’m always thinking, ‘I’m pretty confident he’s between 31 and 37.’ That’s as close as I can get though.

Jersey number!
Lmao. I'd imagine 91 unless Steve tells him he can't have it

Reactions: jaster

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
I think your scenario violates the CBA to start with. If it was legal every team would try to pull buy 1 year get 8 more years 15 minutes later to lock up stars

Usually not a big fan of bonuses but looking Fabbri, Maatta, Petry come off and potential Copp buyout next summer. We won't have a Raymond or Seider to sign either. Kasper, Danielson or whomever will be on the cheep cheeps.
Husso comes off as well, no?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2