GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
I can’t say this enough, if Kane re-signs it means there are other moves happening that he’s endorsed. I’m sure Brisson, his agent, spoke about Kane’s concerns, and also what the Wibhs plans are going forward, so it’s not just that they agreed on terms, but also the plan going forward
If Stamkos sees that Kane is close to signing, maybe just maybe he may want to sign with the Wings as well. I hope so. Surprised it is one year for Kane but if Stamkos signs expect a multiyear deal. We still need to move contracts. No buy outs yet and very quiet on the trade front.

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
And what happens if someone sends them an offer sheet we have to match?
True, but they can chose to not sign it, if someone wants to grossly overpay, it might cause a bit of a setback to the rebuild, but wings could walk away with a lot of prime draft picks too if anyone gets too silly.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
If Stamkos sees that Kane is close to signing, maybe just maybe he may want to sign with the Wings as well. I hope so. Surprised it is one year for Kane but if Stamkos signs expect a multiyear deal. We still need to move contracts. No buy outs yet and very quiet on the trade front.

We can still open a secondary buyout window

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Kane 1 year anything at 6 or less I'm good with. If it is a bonus contract that can be circumvented to next year's cap so we can get stammer too is something.

Maybe that's how they sold kane on a 1 year deal. The opportunity to play with with stamkos
They don’t have the cap space for Kane, Stamkos, Seider, and Raymond. Especially if Yzerman is actually trying to get Ghost back too.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
They don’t have the cap space for Kane, Stamkos, Seider, and Raymond. Especially if Yzerman is actually trying to get Ghost back too.

They can do kane stammer seider and Raymond. Probably not ghost at that point though. Depending on how they structure contracts though they can

Reactions: DatsDeking

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
Let’s see the dollars first. If all the players are there… the cap guys can figure it out.

I think they’re planning on Stamkos going elsewhere but putting a strong offer out thrrr

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
Kane capitulated. Must really want to play in Detroit for whatever reason. He could have got his 'term' in free agency. Kinda the opposite of Stamkos. Let's just say Stamkos ain't signing a one year deal.

The Wings are a better team next year. Signing a one year deal is a reflection of Kane's confidence in himself. Which is evident every time he has the puck.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
They can do kane stammer seider and Raymond. Probably not ghost at that point though. Depending on how they structure contracts though they can

They can't. They don't have a lot of cap flexibility.

Don’t want Ghost back. Rather have Trouba and Stamkos

Detroit can't afford that.

Hypothetically:
Kane 5.5
Raymond 7.5
Seider 8.5
Trouba 5.5 (NYR retains 2.5)
Stamkos 6

That's 33 million, when they have 32 million in cap space.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00