GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
“Burgers” could be similarly effective if given Kane’s role according to NN.
The idea of Kane AND Stamkos on this team is tempting but not sure how wise it actually is.
I agree. I’d go with one or the other. Sounds like it’s going to be Kane. Signing both would be Mets/Scherzer/Verlander energy.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
You guys got a lot of balls penny pinching on Kane and Stamkos with our current roster and group of overpaid plugs. We have at least 5 Overpaid guys that wouldn't even make a playoff roster....

If you overpay him, the only other pieces you can affors are plugs
Until the ones we have contracts go off the books...

Those were BIG names a decade ago.
Stamkos scored more goals LAST YEAR than anyone on the Wings since Hossa......

tabness

will play for 4 million 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
Those were BIG names a decade ago.

when Ken Holland did this 20ish years ago I loved it lol all these past prime marquee names showing up to Detroit just seemed exciting

I guess age was not nearly as much of an issue in the slower dead puck era than today's game though, luckily both Stamkos and Kane seem like they still got something left in the tank

Reactions: SoupNazi

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Yzerman kinda let it slip in the draft media availability that Kane was priority #1
Hopefully Stamkos is #2. Not worried about Razor and Seider at worst they get bridge deals still under control. We are trying to contend not set them up for life financially...

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Kane back is a big win. Full training camp, and guys have already learned to play with him. He should be stronger and better, more confidence in his hip. Lalonde knows how to use him better and Yzerman likely has a better idea of how the team should be constructed to utilize him for the best. My hopes would be he comes back and we get one more upgrade for the top end of our line up and trim the fat from the other parts (Sprong, Veleno, Fischer, whoever ).

Also, Kane is a big name still. The fact we missed the playoffs and comes back says we are trending in the right direction and guys want to be here.

How can that be? Some dude on twitter said Yzerman is a fraud. Some nobody on hfboards calls him yzerscam.

Surely they must know more with their potato chip degrees than elite athletes do?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
i'd probably rather have Stamkos if I was just picking one of them to sign just because there's less risk there, Kane could realistically still wash out of the league in the next year or so due to his hip

....but Kane is still really good and if you can sign him before free agency starts it makes a lot of sense to do that instead of holding out hope for someone that's 1: on the open market and 2: may not even want to come here

tabness

will play for 4 million 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
How can that be? Some dude on twitter said Yzerman is a fraud. Some nobody on hfboards calls him yzerscam.

Surely they must know more with their potato chip degrees than elite athletes do?

yzerscam is p good lol

"Yzerscam's Yzersham"

GarlicbreadTB

Apr 16, 2015
It's the wisest thing that's ever been. It's been my dream since he came into the league to have Stamkos in Detroit one day. If you try and burst my imaginary bubble before tomorrow I will hurt you ...... :eviltongu

If anything I guess it's building that aura that Detroit is a place big players wants to come to again.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
How about we get both and try to actually f***ing ice a dangerous team? This incremental baby step bullshit is too much now....

with what cap space? in a vacuum both would be nice sure but the Wings also need to fill 2 spots on Defense and Seider and Raymond both need new contracts

maybe you could theoretically squeeze it in if both Seider and Raymond were offered bridge deals but we all know you'd be complaining about how the Wings didn't sign them longer when they're each making a couple million a year more on their long term deals than they would have gotten this year when the bridge ends

Reactions: Winger98

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
And what happens if someone sends them an offer sheet we have to match?
I cry into my pillow while simultaneously throwing all the stuff off my bed and smash my alarm clock. Then I go clean myself up and cry in the shower after which I go look at how stupid I look in the mirror which causes me to cry even more which then brings up unwanted memories of my teenage years

But I'm sure I'll be fine

GarlicbreadTB

Apr 16, 2015
The hope with Kane is that a full summer of conditioning he comes back and is better than he was last year.

I thought towards the end it looked like he wasn't that bothered maybe because he didn't think he was gonna be here next year? But hopefully with a longer contract that won't be an issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad