GDT: Free Agent Frenzy!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I love how "Don't overpay for a 1 dimensional forward whose 1 dimension was awful last year' is some sort of hot take.

He's 32. In the last 5 years, he's had 1 season above 20 goals.

And that was when he played with Malkin.

In what world is overpaying for that, even on a one year deal...smart?

It's dumb desperation management, again.

It's like giving up an early 2nd round pick for a 4th line winger.

Wait, shit, we did that too.
Who is one dimensional? He is a 40 pt winger who can give quality 3rd line minutes, not be a defensive liability like Skinner and can press up into the top 6 in a pinch. He provides another option on the power play (which is a great addition that was sorely needed last year). It's also about a million more than his comp on a two year deal. Asking for a little over a million more one a one year deal instead of two is negligible, especially for our team who needs to spend money. Can't wait to see your disdain for the 300 level popcorn having 2mg less of salt than the 200 level, JFC

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Are you being paid by the Sabres, to type that drab statement. Malenstyn, Aube-Kubel, Zucker, Sandstrom, Dunne, are more examples of Adams with his manboy crush on removing one problem for another. Add a bunch of big hard to play against talent that average less than 20 points, and instead of 10 points out of the playoffs, we're 25 out.

Eh, they need some guys who will finish a hit without an invitation and a mint on their pillow.

Paid by the team? :biglaugh: Surrrrre.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Are you being paid by the Sabres, to type that drab statement. Malenstyn, Aube-Kubel, Zucker, Sandstrom, Dunne, are more examples of Adams with his manboy crush on removing one problem for another. Add a bunch of big hard to play against talent that average less than 20 points, and instead of 10 points out of the playoffs, we're 25 out.
What kind of production are you looking for out of 4th liners signed in free agency?

Reactions: SundherDome

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
I...it's for the 4th line. They aren't paid to be point scorers. We have other needs sure but this was something he needed to address and he has.

Do I have faith in him to fill the Top 6 holes? No. But these guys should be helpful in making us harder to play against and protecting guys like Benson.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I...it's for the 4th line. They aren't paid to be point scorers. We have other needs sure but this was something he needed to address and he has.

Do I have faith in him to fill the Top 6 holes? No. But these guys should be helpful in making us harder to play against and protecting guys like Benson.
Adams doesn't have a sense of urgency, he's waiting it out for one of his 35 draft picks in the last 4 years to become a superstar. He has the same pulse as a corpse. I love the drafting, and I trust some of the development, but we're 14 years into a rebuild in it's fourth iteration. There needs to be urgency. The trusting the process died, when we followed a 1 point playoff miss, by missing so monumentally. They say the right things, but they don't follow up on promises. They continue to feign contempt with pleasing plausible things like bringing back Ruff. I love Lindy Ruff, but it's not enough. They're covering shit with cologne.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
Eh, they need some guys who will finish a hit without an invitation and a mint on their pillow.

Okay Chain! That made me laugh! I get so annoyed on UFA day. It's hard to watch my favorite franchise flounder and be run into the ground by such pathetic owners.
I don't get that annoyed on UFA day much anymore. The majority of these contracts and signing don't end up working out. They age poorly.

I have no interest in a Stephenson, Stamkos or Lindholm

Reactions: Dingo44

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Unsigned 3C possibilities ... Henrique, Roslovic, Wennberg. Stephenson at 7x$6.25 is crazy. I honestly wonder if GMs' staff factor in a future buyout on deals like that.

What about our backup? Was hoping Levi at least starts the season in Rochester. It's UPL's net until he proves last season was a fluke.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
I think I do need to step away. I'm never the type to jump the gun and panic and get pissy. But, I think it's natural to see all the moves teams are making, especially in division, and we are just sitting on our hands and/or unable to convince anyone worth a damn to come here.

Maybe a big trade is coming, but regardless of that, it's frustrating being a fan of a team nobody wants to openly come to at market rate, let alone a discount. It's like a trifecta of not a good team, sketchy ownership, high taxes, and shit weather. Not much going for us in terms of what we can offer a 27 year old UFA Vs NY other team.

Honestly there's probly a giant whatsapp group chat with Jack, Sam, Kane, ROR, Montour and others that just spread word around cities that you DON'T wanna sign in Buffalo (after they congratulate each other on their cup wins, and lightly poke fun at Kane).

Is there any team that just blew their load and now might be needing to offload someone worth while? Wouldn't Tampa, Carolina, Florida be tight against the cap?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad