GDT: Free Agent Frenzy!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
Pinto is a good young player at a position we have a long term need for. We have premium assets coming out of our a**. I overpay to get the deal done and never regret it for a second. We can also give him a deal that walks him right to FA because we will still have great prospects coming up behind him even after the overpay.

It is a total no brainer for me and I won't believe it's impossible to make a deal with OTT until I hear it said publicly by one of the people involved. There are offers that get the deal done.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Pinto is a good young player at a position we have a long term need for. We have premium assets coming out of our a**. I overpay to get the deal done and never regret it for a second. We can also give him a deal that walks him right to FA because we will still have great prospects coming up behind him even after the overpay.

It is a total no brainer for me and I won't believe it's impossible to make a deal with OTT until I hear it said publicly by one of the people involved. There are offers that get the deal done.

I also would give up one of our premium trade chips to get him

Reactions: KrakenSabresMike

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Friedman: Lindholm and Zadorov likely going to Bruins

I would never give Lindholm the kind of contract he's about to get in million years, he could be at the beginning of a stupid decline.

I am also simultaneously livid that he's going to Boston. They have a way of getting max value out of guys into their late 30s, and it's downright infuriating.

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
I'm going to celebrate the Sabres first day of free agency by starting a campfire and going for a hike. It will start with burning my house down and end with me wandering into the wilderness, but I will have plenty of liquor if anyone wants to join the fun.
I believe starting a dumpster fire would be a more appropriate Sabres homage

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005
I see no path where they aren't 8-10 million under the cap, if not more.

and therefore, Skinner buyout was indeed not about team building, but money saving. Terry gave up a long time ago, and I guess I'm just catching up to that.
I could be completely wrong about this, but it could just be what TP/KA think is good cap management. Next year they have Byram, Quinn, Peterka and Levi contracts up and at least the last three will all get significant raises from their first contracts. Cap will go up a few million but so will the Skinner buyout penalty. Greenway is the only UFA that comes off the books. If they spend up to the cap this year and leave no room for next year, how are they resigning those guys? Salary dump Power? Or Tuch and Samuelsson? I understand some may say just spend to the cap this year and worry about it next year, but I don't think KA has it in him to operate that way.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I would never give Lindholm the kind of contract he's about to get in million years, he could be at the beginning of a stupid decline.

I am also simultaneously livid that he's going to Boston. They have a way of getting max value out of guys into their late 30s, and it's downright infuriating.

News of their death remains greatly exaggerated.

Reactions: Fezzy126

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Going to stick with my predictions of Janmark and Wennberg today, Zucker tomorrow, and Kevyn calling it a summer at COB on Tuesday.

Couldn't have been more wrong, Zucker is today (if Rosehill is to be believed)

(Part 1 of the prophecy is actually complete)

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad