GDT: Free Agent Frenzy!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I see no path where they aren't 8-10 million under the cap, if not more.

and therefore, Skinner buyout was indeed not about team building, but money saving. Terry gave up a long time ago, and I guess I'm just catching up to that.
I really don’t care where they are in relation to the cap. I’m more concerned with the team the do or don’t build.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I see no path where they aren't 8-10 million under the cap, if not more.

and therefore, Skinner buyout was indeed not about team building, but money saving. Terry gave up a long time ago, and I guess I'm just catching up to that.
We very quietly got a new CFO, just sayin'

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I really don’t care where they are in relation to the cap. I’m more concerned with the team the do or don’t build.
Not gonna lie, it will be extremely frustrating if they enter the season $8-10M under the cap, and with huge issues on the roster, in what Adams and Lindy both talked about being an off season where the club was in "Win Now mode".

Especially if they enter the season once again as one of the youngest and least experienced rosters in the NHL.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Not gonna lie, it will be extremely frustrating if they enter the season $8-10M under the cap, and with huge issues on the roster, in what Adams and Lindy both talked about being an off season where the club was in "Win Now mode".

Especially if they enter the season once again as one of the youngest and least experienced rosters in the NHL.

I mean, it depends. I’ll judge the win now on the players aquired rather than salary. You’re right, they are probably one and the same. But theoretically (lol) he could get a top 6 legit scorer still in the last year of a good contract or something

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
We're trading Jokiharju, Krebs, and a 2027 2nd for Leon Draisaitl, extended.
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad